New (paid) Android version vs old free Android version

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
stangri
Just Passing Thru

New (paid) Android version vs old free Android version

Post by stangri »

Haven't used Fongo for some time and noticed that there's a new paid app in the Play Store.

I've signed up back when the app was free and the text messages were a paid add-on. I still have a backup of the old app thanks to TitaniumBackup, and I'm wondering what the differences would be between the two.

Do I understand correctly that if I buy the new app:
1. I will no longer have to pay for the outgoing text messages?
2. It comes with the ads which I can remove for a fee?

Do I understand correctly that if I stick to the old app:
1. I will have to buy add-ons to enable text messaging?
2. It will show me no ads?

thanks!
stangri
Just Passing Thru

Re: New (paid) Android version vs old free Android version

Post by stangri »

Even if support people are here every other day, I would have expected a reply by now.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Are you talking about the World Addition? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... onal&hl=en and the free version? https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oice&hl=en

These are the 2 versions as far as I know. One for the people in Canada (free version), and one for the people outside (paid version).

I believe the two apps are the same once you have them in as much as you get the same free calling areas, you have to pay for text packages and such.

Can you link to the one you are referring to.
stangri
Just Passing Thru

Post by stangri »

Jake, thanks for reply. When I searched in the store, I only found the World version, however following your link I can get to the Canadian version as well.

Dunno why I thought paid version includes free texts, I'm guessing I was confused by the following in the description:
* FREE unlimited incoming calls and SMS text messages

easy enough to miss the word "incoming" ;)
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I have always thought some of their wording is a bit close to the bone, and yes it could easily be read that there are two FREE items in that sentence "unlimited incoming calls" and "SMS text messages".

I think you can only get the Canadian version when using a Canadian IP, or it might be when you are linked to the Canadian Play Store. Don't know. If you are outside of the country, hopefully you can find a way to get the free one again.
mohnashaat
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Linksys spa-3102
ISP Name: ADSL Acanac
Router: D-Link DIR-615
Smartphone Model: HTC Wildfire S

Post by mohnashaat »

is the Fongo world only for canadians abroad, i.e. with a Canadian google play ?
bartekd
Active Poster

Post by bartekd »

Fongo world is for available for people that live outside of canada. If you are in canada, then download the regular Fongo app, and you can use it when travelling.