Same phone number on 2 devices

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
BAL
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 6
ISP Name: Public Mobile
Computer OS: OS X El Capitan
Router: ASUS Wireless

Same phone number on 2 devices

Post by BAL »

Hi, I was wondering if I can use the same phone number on an iPhone and on an iPad? Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Same phone number on 2 devices

Post by Jake »

Only if you log out of one when you log into the other. Otherwise only one device can log into any one account.

What you can do is set up another account on the other device, then in your setting make the main number ring simultaneously on both numbers. Your outgoing calls on your second device will still show your second number, but calls to your main number should ring on both devices.
BAL
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 6
ISP Name: Public Mobile
Computer OS: OS X El Capitan
Router: ASUS Wireless

Post by BAL »

Thank you very much!
AlexO
Just Passing Thru
Smartphone Model: Nexus 5

Post by AlexO »

Jake wrote:What you can do is set up another account on the other device, then in your setting make the main number ring simultaneously on both numbers.
How do you do that?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

AlexO wrote:
Jake wrote:What you can do is set up another account on the other device, then in your setting make the main number ring simultaneously on both numbers.
How do you do that?
What you will need to do is setup two different accounts on the two devices. Next decided which you want to be the 'main' number and log into the fongo website with that account (https://account.fongo.com/login/)
When you are logged in go to Settings -> Follow Me Settings (https://account.fongo.com/admin/settings/followMe/).
Enable the status and make sure the Ring Mode is Simultaneous. Next click Submit.

When you have enabled this you will see a new button "Follow Me Numbers". Click this and add in the number for the second device.

Now when a call comes into the main umber, it should ring on both devices at the same time. Outgoing calls from the second device will carry that number, not the number from the first device.