Problem with Siri on Car Bluetooth

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
Worsel
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 6S Plus
Firmware Version: iOS 10.2
ISP Name: Fido 3G and LTE

Problem with Siri on Car Bluetooth

Post by Worsel »

When I connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth, incoming calls work great (meaning, if I'm listening to the radio, the radio gets muted, and then I hear the phone ringing, and I can answer the call with the button on my steering wheel).

However, when making an outgoing call, my car's bluetooth system will only operate the native dialer on my phone. But because I have an iPhone 6S, there is a workaround using voice commands to wake up my phone and dial, using Siri. All I have to do is say "Hey Siri" and my phone wakes up and Siri answers. Then I say "Call John using Fongo," and Siri dials the number using Fongo. But, it only works if my contact list for John only contains one phone number for John. If there is more than one number for John, they are listed on my phone screen (John - home, John - work, John - mobile), and Siri asks "Which Name?" No matter what I say, Siri will not pick one of the numbers; instead she just keeps asking "Which name?" The only way I can pick which number I want to dial is by touching one of them on the screen. This is not acceptable, because the point is to be able to make a completely hands-free call.

Does anyone know the solution to this?
405peugeot
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: nexus 5
Firmware Version: android5
ISP Name: videotron LTE

Re: Problem with Siri on Car Bluetooth

Post by 405peugeot »

Hi, just need to make 3 different entries like John home, john work and John cell.
Worsel
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 6S Plus
Firmware Version: iOS 10.2
ISP Name: Fido 3G and LTE

Re: Problem with Siri on Car Bluetooth

Post by Worsel »

That is an obvious solution, and I already thought of it... but it is not a good solution.

I would like this to work properly... I do not want to make multiple contacts in my contacts list for the same person... that is very, very messy, and is not an acceptable solution.