Receiving long distance calls-fees for caller?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Receiving long distance calls-fees for caller?

Postby europeCalling » 03/30/2017

I wonder, if I am using Fongo and Im receiving a long distance call (someone from canada is calling me while im in Europe), will that person be charged 'normally' like would the person pay the same fees he would pay calling a regular number when Im in Europe. Im just trying to figure out if the person calling me while Im abroad is going to pay a reg. fee (which is usually a fortune) or if its also cheaper when I am using fongo.
europeCalling
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: iPhone 6

Re: Receiving long distance calls-fees for caller?

Postby Jake » 03/31/2017

It's not like a normal cell number. It doesn't 'roam', but stays fixed to the original location.

What I mean by this is if you have an 613 366 XXXX Ottawa number, that number will always be an Ottawa number no matter where you are in the world.

When you are at home normally, if calling you is a local call to them then it will still be a local call when you are in London.

So no, they will not be paying the call charges to Europe, and better still you will still have all the free calling to Canada as if you are still here. So if the call was free when you are here, then it will still be free when you are there!
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support