Busy signal on home phone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Busy signal on home phone

Postby c1air3m0 » 04/04/2017

Completed the installation correctly but when I try to call I get a fast busy signal. When I look at the Free Calling Cities list, the name of the Village I live in is not listed. The closest city is Lancaster and Alexandria. I live in between both of these places in a town called Green Valley. All of that area has an area code of 613 and is close to Ottawa. Is it possible that the reason I am getting a busy signal is because the name of my City/Village is not listed and when asked for the area I entered Ottawa.
Claire
c1air3m0
One Hit Wonder

Re: Busy signal on home phone

Postby Jake » 04/04/2017

That shouldn't be the case.

You should have been given a number when you completed the account so you should be able to see from that if it is close to your town or not.

Either way it shouldn't make a difference when you make an outgoing call. If it is outside of the free calling cities then it will tell you so on the phone app itself.

It is sounding a bit like the account either didn't set up correctly, or there is another issue. You can either try and set up a new account, or send in a support ticket. https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
It seems like it is an account issue that we can't really do anything about on the forum.

** I have just noticed **
Your subject references Home Phone, yet this is the Mobile App section of the forum. Would you mind letting us know what your setup is, and how you got to the point you are now (IE did you pay for Home phone and get an ATA sent?)
The information I put above my not relate to your situation.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support