canadian resident can't install fongo app

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

canadian resident can't install fongo app

Postby dyin » 07/22/2017

I can't download fongo app. it gives me a message - "This item isn't available in your country." in Google Play Store. I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I tried 2 phones, samsung s6 and huawei mate 9 and got this message on both phones. However, my daughter can download with no problem on her iphone 6. I tried to search "fongo" at play store and can't find it. My Google play store only shows Fongo World for $4.99 to download.Then I tried to click the link from fongo.com. I can see the app but it will not let me install. it shows the above-mentioned message. Anyone knows what's going on? I'm a Canadian resident, physically in Windsor, Ontario. I turned on the location permissions on Google Play Store. It should know that my location is in Canada. Thank you.
dyin
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: huawei mate 9
Firmware Version: don't know
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: windows

Re: canadian resident can't install fongo app

Postby Jake » 07/23/2017

I can only think to try on a different wifi network.

The Canadian version can only be downloaded from Canada, but for some reason it would seem that your connection is being recognised as being abroad. Go down to Mc Donalds or Tim Hortons and try from there.

This is the Play Store link for the Canadian one https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .dellvoice
Jake
Technical Support

Re: canadian resident can't install fongo app

Postby mh1983 » 07/24/2017

Windsor, ON, is right by the US border. Perhaps your connection is trying to roam in the States? I believe most carriers have some sort of "add on" to ensure that accidental roaming doesn't occur in areas that are close to another border.

As Jake mentioned, try another WiFi connection. Alternatively, you can download the apk directly from a site like apkmirror.com.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Return to Community Support