Unable to get the password recovery/reset email?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
andruid
Just Passing Thru

Unable to get the password recovery/reset email?

Post by andruid »

I had forgotten my password and tried the "Forgotten Password" option on sign-in. I've waited on this email for a week now and still nothing. I opened a support ticket and I got an automated reply with a ticket number and link. The link goes to the support page that asks for you to login. I just added world texting credits on my account not too long ago. Do they have phone support?
Attachments
sdfsdfewe.JPG
sdfsdfewe.JPG (107.08 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
sadfsdfsdf.JPG
sadfsdfsdf.JPG (22.14 KiB) Viewed 9725 times
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Unable to get the password recovery/reset email?

Post by Jake »

They no longer have phone support. It all done by tickets now.

If you have not got a reply from them yet you can try and PM Fongo Support here and see if they can look into it quicker for you. http://forum.fongo.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852 Include the ticket number when you send the PM.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but your screenshot says that you don't have cookies enabled. While you are waiting I would enable them and try the forgot password thing again. Also don't forget to look in any spam/junk folders.
andruid
Just Passing Thru

Post by andruid »

I enable cookies per site as a secure practice. With that being said, I don't see the point of sending me a link to login in to when I my initial problem was a about forgetting my password. : P

edit: In addition, I've performed the password reset/recovery on my mobile app and it works. When I try it on a desktop browser, it gives me a response that account is not found. After some digging on the support site, you can't reset your mobile account on the desktop. Spam and junk folders were checked as well.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

andruid wrote:I enable cookies per site as a secure practice. With that being said, I don't see the point of sending me a link to login in to when I my initial problem was a about forgetting my password. : P
Agreed, it is a bit pointless. Maybe it's just guiding you towards the reset bit, don't know.
andruid wrote: edit: In addition, I've performed the password reset/recovery on my mobile app and it works. When I try it on a desktop browser, it gives me a response that account is not found. After some digging on the support site, you can't reset your mobile account on the desktop. Spam and junk folders were checked as well.
Good to know, thanks for letting us know what you found. I assume you are all good now then?
andruid
Just Passing Thru

Post by andruid »

Err....no. I meant I performed a recovery a year ago and I got the email to reset my password but not now. I just loaded up on World Text too. : (
I've been a user since the Dell Voice days on this number and people know me through this number. I want to keep it but so far no one has gotten back at me. I responded on the support ticket email, DM'd fongo on twitter and here.
andruid
Just Passing Thru

Post by andruid »

Thanks for all the help Jake. It was my fault. The ticket is closed.
Worsel
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 6S Plus
Firmware Version: iOS 10.2
ISP Name: Fido 3G and LTE

Post by Worsel »

I have forgotten my password for My Fongo Support Login (Fongo SUPPORT... not for the Forum, or for the App). When I try to reset the password, I enter my email address and hit Submit, I get the response “You are not allowed to reset your password”

What do I do now?!?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

Worsel wrote:I have forgotten my password for My Fongo Support Login (Fongo SUPPORT... not for the Forum, or for the App). When I try to reset the password, I enter my email address and hit Submit, I get the response “You are not allowed to reset your password”

What do I do now?!?
Hi,

You will need to open Fongo app, and click on "forgot pass" and enter the email you have used to register.

If that still not working, you will need to reply to the ticket with account details(phone number, service address including postal code, etc) and we will assist.

Regards,