World Credit Pricing

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

World Credit Pricing

Postby treich » 02/11/2018

I just purchased $5 of World Credits. The price shown was $5.49 and my Apple account balance was reduced by $6.20. I am guessing that the $6.20 charge includes HST on $5.49. I want an explanation of the $0.49. Thanks.
treich
Just Passing Thru

Re: World Credit Pricing

Postby Liptonbrisk » 02/12/2018

Edit: Jake is correct.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Jake » 02/12/2018

I think it's just the case that $5 worth of calling credits costs $5.49 just like $20 worth of calling credits is not $20, it's $19.99.

You are buying something, in this case credits. They can effectively put whatever price they want on it. I completely understand that normally when you top up a pay and go mobile you buy $10 worth of credit for $10. That's not the case here unfortunately and I'm sure the extra cost is for something like processing the transaction that they can't absorb in a $5 sale.

If you think you are going to buy more calling credits in the future, maybe think about the $20 option instead.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby alexkillby » 04/02/2018

If i'm correct, although in-app the word credits are $5.49 for $5.00, when buying on the online store (assuming it has been unlocked for your account), it's $5 for $5. My guess is that this is down to the service charges that are collected via the google play store that are involved for any purchases done in-app.
alexkillby
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Google Pixel 2 XL
ISP Name: DSL/LTE

Return to Community Support