ALWAYS-ON Fongo, no matter what?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
Dom800
Just Passing Thru

ALWAYS-ON Fongo, no matter what?

Post by Dom800 »

Hello!

I have a question. I am using Fongo as my primary (and only) calling and texting app.

I’m not very knowledgeable in cell-phone OS and systems so, if I use the wrong terminology, please bear with me.

What I’m wondering about is if it’s possible to embed Fongo in the functionality of my phone so that it would ALWAYS be running, no matter what.

I’d like to never be able to close Fongo, ever. If the app is closed (like by a battery saver app), that it would restarts right away. Always running in the background…

What happens currently is that once in a while, after pressing the “close all running apps” to save RAM and battery life, I’ll forget to restart Fongo and my phone won’t be able to receive calls until I realise my mistake.

Possible? Complicated?

Any super savvy Fongo user or programmer out there? :)

Thanks for any response!
alexkillby
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Google Pixel 2 XL
ISP Name: DSL/LTE

Re: ALWAYS-ON Fongo, no matter what?

Post by alexkillby »

Hi Dom800, there are quite a few provisions within the Android app (sorry don't know much about the iPhone app) to help you keep the app open all the time on your phone. In my experience, having the notification icon enabled forces the phone to keep the app open always. The other option that seems to be important is "start on startup", and "start on incoming call". This uses a push notification to open the app in case it accidentally got closed when you receive an incoming call.

In general, it's best to check the settings on the app info page and ensure the app is allowed to run in the background.

I've never had the app close unintentially, although if I force close it or click the "exit" button on the notification icon, it will close until i click on it again.