BlackBerry 10 support plans?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

BlackBerry 10 support plans?

Post by mh1983 »

Looks like the BB10 app store is going to be shut down at the end of 2019. Given that the Fongo app on BB is Android-based, is it fairly safe to say it'll continue to work into 2020? What are Fongo's plans around future BB10 support?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: BlackBerry 10 support plans?

Post by bridonca »

If I were to guess, I would say Fongo has no plans for BB10 support, and has not had it for a while. The BB app is essentially an Android app that is compatible enough to work with Blackberry's Android emulation layer. I doubt there is a Fongo tech that tests out the latest Fongo Android app to work on BB10, it just happens to work.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: BlackBerry 10 support plans?

Post by mh1983 »

Thanks for your reply! What you say makes sense and I understand Fongo's an Android app that plays well with the Android emulator on BB10. Hoping it'll continue to do so, but given the way BB10 is going and that Fongo doesn't list it on their site any more, I'll treat it as an "enjoy while it lasts" sort of thing.