Port number error and no answer

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Port number error and no answer

Postby Levest28 » 01/03/2019

Hi guys,

I’m having an issue trying to port my TELUS number to Fongo. My parents and I are all going to be cancelling our Telus plan, but first we want to port our existing numbers to Fongo. I created each of us a Fongonaccount, and submitted the requests to unlock the online store, then the next day after being approved, the requests and fees to port our number.

The process went as expected for both of my parents, but the automated porting system keeps saying my phone number is unavailable to be ported. It’s a Halifax 902 number which is listed on the page of Fongo supported area codes/exchanges.

I tried submitting a ticket over a week ago, but I never heard back. Thinking maybe the ticket didn’t go through, or got misplaced into a wrong status somehow, I sent another on Monday. I’ve still not heard back at all. :(

I’ve not been mean, rude, pushy, etc and I absolutely appreciate Fongo and what it offers, but I’m a little disappointed and frustrated that they’ll handle my parents accounts and support works for them, but they haven’t even acknowledged my ticket yet. I can’t afford to keep paying TELUS for nothing while waiting for Fongo support.

What kind of response time should I be expecting from Fongo? Is it usual for this to take so long?

Any help or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated, I just want to get my number ported and start using Fongo!
Levest28
One Hit Wonder

Re: Port number error and no answer

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/03/2019

Fongo doesn't work holidays or weekends. They may have been on an extended holiday break. They work 9AM-4PM EST, Monday to Friday, excluding holidays.

Check your email spam folder to ensure you haven't received a response. If you haven't, send a private message to Fongo Support with your ticket number: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Community Support