General Questions

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

General Questions

Postby mantas » 01/20/2019

Kind of new to this, got some general questions to confirm some things

1. What is the process of porting my existing cell number? Is there a cost associated with it, and how long does it generally take?

2. Is the number I port locked to this service or if I want to go to another cell provider later on would I be able to port that same number to them and take it with me?

3. How large is the voice mail inbox size/ how many messages?

4. Would I be able to make an account, buy credits, use it for a month with a new number to test everything out, then when I'm ready, port over my existing cell number onto the same account without having to rebuy a subscription?

5. Will my account be deleted due to inactivity, not having sufficient credits, or any other reason? For example if I decided to port my number and for one month I use just the free voice service without texting, will that cause any issues? Is there any possible case of a ported number being deleted in any circumstances ever?

6. If I run out of texting credits, how will that affect the app? Will I still be able to read previous text messages and just not be able to send/receive new ones?

7. Is there any support phone numbers, live chats, or any other methods available to contact you in the event of an urgent issue?
mantas
One Hit Wonder

Re: General Questions

Postby bridonca » 01/20/2019

mantas wrote:Kind of new to this, got some general questions to confirm some things

1. What is the process of porting my existing cell number? Is there a cost associated with it, and how long does it generally take?

It costs $25, and the port should take a couple of days, but it can take a couple of weeks.

mantas wrote:2. Is the number I port locked to this service or if I want to go to another cell provider later on would I be able to port that same number to them and take it with me?

There is nothing stopping you from porting out.

mantas wrote:3. How large is the voice mail inbox size/ how many messages?

Not sure, you can opt to send voice mail to email, which is limited to the size of the email account.

mantas wrote:4. Would I be able to make an account, buy credits, use it for a month with a new number to test everything out, then when I'm ready, port over my existing cell number onto the same account without having to rebuy a subscription?

I would not buy anything at first. Everything you need to test out the service is free. You can get a free phone number, and make phone calls with the free service. When happy, you can then port in, or buy credits.

mantas wrote:5. Will my account be deleted due to inactivity, not having sufficient credits, or any other reason? For example if I decided to port my number and for one month I use just the free voice service without texting, will that cause any issues? Is there any possible case of a ported number being deleted in any circumstances ever?

If you port in and pay the $25, your account will not be deleted because of inactivity. The free numbers get deleted because of inactivity, if you are porting in, that will not apply to you.

mantas wrote:6. If I run out of texting credits, how will that affect the app? Will I still be able to read previous text messages and just not be able to send/receive new ones?

When your texting package subscription runs out, you will be able to receive texts, just not send them.

mantas wrote:7. Is there any support phone numbers, live chats, or any other methods available to contact you in the event of an urgent issue?

You can submit a ticket to Fongo. Bluntly, if you need a lot of hand holding, I am not sure this is the best service for you. On the flip side, there is usually not much support needed.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Return to Community Support