Latest Fongo Mobile app does not work on iOS 9.3.5

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.

Latest Fongo Mobile app does not work on iOS 9.3.5

Postby torontovoipnewuserx » 07/04/2020

Hi,

I have an old iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5.

About 1 week ago I downloaded the latest Fongo Mobile app from Apple AppStore. It seems it can still successfully install onto my iPad.

But I cannot login to my Fongo Mobile account. I always get the "E-mail address or password not correct" error message.

I am pretty sure I input my credentials correctly. I think the latest Fongo Mobile app simply does not work with iOS 9.3.5. But the error message it gives out is confusing/misleading.

Does someone know about it?

Thank you!
torontovoipnewuserx
Just Passing Thru

Re: Latest Fongo Mobile app does not work on iOS 9.3.5

Postby hanke » 07/04/2020

https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/fongo-tal ... tform=ipad

IMPORTANT

- Supported devices: iPhone (iOS 8.0+, iPhone 4s+), iPod touch (iOS 8.0+, Generation 5+) or iPad (iOS 8.0+, iPad 2+)

Guess it states only the Ipad2+ so perhaps you could send in an inquiry and ask about whether you Ipad2 would still be compatible considering you have a higher IOS version than what is supposedly required.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Postby torontovoipnewuserx » 07/08/2020

I can log into my Fongo Mobile account using a Web browser.

So not sure what is going on here.

I hope my account is not locked, or deleted due to inactivity.

In the case it is indeed deleted, then how come I can still log into it in a browser?

The error message given out by the Fongo Mobile app is really confusing and misleading. I am 100% sure that I entered my credentials correctly.
torontovoipnewuserx
Just Passing Thru

Postby hanke » 07/08/2020

If you have another device or a friends device, try loading it onto that IOS device and use your credentials to login with the Fongo app on that new device and see if it works. Only other option is send in a support ticket and ask. If you are able to log into your Fongo account I would suspect your account is still active and not deleted.

Good luck
hanke
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Return to Community Support