No Sound on iPod Docking Station

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
albertkun
Just Passing Thru

No Sound on iPod Docking Station

Post by albertkun »

Hello Fongo and Dell Voice Community, when using the Dell Voice App on my iPod with a docking station there is no sound coming from the speakers- instead sound only comes from the internal speakers while the device is docked.

I am sure the docking station works because with every other app, there is sound.

So, I would like to know if anyone else has encountered the same problem and if there are any possible solutions that could be looked into.

Thank you for your time!
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: No Sound on iPod Docking Station

Post by Bloodsong »

Quick question: Do you engage the Fongo app before or after docking?

It is likely that due-to the Java based nature of the client, it hooks the default sound device at the time the fongo app is started, and is incapable of transitioning after that time.

It's also possible that the app is simply hard-coded to the internal device speaker.
albertkun
Just Passing Thru

Re: No Sound on iPod Docking Station

Post by albertkun »

Bloodsong wrote:Quick question: Do you engage the Fongo app before or after docking?

It is likely that due-to the Java based nature of the client, it hooks the default sound device at the time the fongo app is started, and is incapable of transitioning after that time.

It's also possible that the app is simply hard-coded to the internal device speaker.

Bloodsong,
Thank for your thoughtful reply, and for the answer you asked, I do engage the Fongo app after docking.

To make sure that there are no other processes, I even tried terminating the DellVoice process (using iPhone process killing apps) and restart DellVoice, yet it still doesn't work.

I think you may be right that the app is mainly meant for the internal device speaker, but I hope somebody could help me with using the external device speaker, because that would be very useful for other users I think too.

Looking forward to hearing more replies!