Cannot receive incoming calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Mobile App? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Mobile Support Knowledge-base for more.
red78
One Hit Wonder
Computer OS: iOS 6

Cannot receive incoming calls

Post by red78 »

Hi,

I've started using Dell Voice months ago. I had no issue with connectivity until the last update. Outgoing calls work fine, but I cannot receive any incoming calls. Anyone calling my number is sent straight to voicemail after hearing this message:
  • The person you are trying to reach is not available. Please leave a message.
I started having this issue after installing the latest patch on my iPhone 4 (I currently have iOS 6 installed, but had the issue with iOS 5). I also tried calling from different phones and re-installing the app. Neither solutions have worked for me.

Any help on that matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
zetoune
Just Passing Thru

Re: Cannot receive incoming calls

Post by zetoune »

I do have the same problems. I'm still under iOS5.
I removed the app, deleted cookies and reinstalled the app. No luck.

I tried to disable the call forwarding (sequential mode, Call forward when unavailable) FROM the app and it seems to do the trick. Now I can receive incoming calls but obviously , call forwarding doesn't work anymore. I hope an update will be release soon. I can't access the contacts tab as well. It makes the app crash.
Albatros
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Iphone 3Gs
Firmware Version: IOS 6

Post by Albatros »

Samething for me. With this last advise. It works. Thanks Zetoune.
revell
Just Passing Thru

Post by revell »

can't receive incoming calls either on pc app (win xp sp 3)
caller receives an error message.
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Post by TheHardy »

revell wrote:can't receive incoming calls either on pc app (win xp sp 3)
caller receives an error message.
What error message are they receiving? Exact wording if possible ... If you have a newer issue NPA-NXX number from DV, it may not be properly loaded into the switch at the CALLERS provider. Can someone else with DV/FPL call you (as the call would be exclusively on Fongo's network)??

There have been other cases in the past where accounts have not been properly created, but without knowing what the error code is, it is hard to tell.

Does your online call log show any of the activity of the calls coming in at all or not?
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
dummcy
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6
ISP Name: Telus ADSL
Computer OS: Windows 7

Post by dummcy »

I am having this exact issue too only on my home phone. It's been working perfectly for the past 6 months and today no one can call me, they are getting "The person you are trying to reach is not available. Please leave a message." I have restarted , the modem, router and all phones in the house with no avail. I tried downloading dell voice app to see if it works on the computer but it says No Connection to the server.

Please help as I do not know what to do next! Thanks!
digital
Just Passing Thru

Post by digital »

i'm having exactly the same issue, for the past several weeks. No incoming calls, but everything else works fine. Just curious, do you use a modem / router. i do not use any router, the internet cable directly goes to the Linksys adapter. i was told to do port forwarding, but i do not have any router / modem from where to do the forwarding. Would my Windows firewall on my PC cause, this issue ?, but again, the PC is connected only after the Phone adapter ? i'm completely frustrated, could some one help - please ??
digital
Just Passing Thru

Post by digital »

My FPL account does show all the calls that i have missed though !!!
dummcy
Just Passing Thru

Post by dummcy »

My account also shows all my missed calls. I tried the call forwarding settings and that worked perfectly too. Could this be related to the end of daytime-light saving as I can't think of anything else on my side? I use a router, Telus's Actiontec. I guess I could also try plugging the cable directly into the Linksys adapter.
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Double-NAT PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Express with SB5101
Computer OS: Win7 32-bit for DV softphone
Router: WNR3500L behind DIR-615C1

Post by cu2o2o2 »

digital wrote:i'm having exactly the same issue, for the past several weeks. No incoming calls, but everything else works fine. Just curious, do you use a modem / router. i do not use any router, the internet cable directly goes to the Linksys adapter. i was told to do port forwarding, but i do not have any router / modem from where to do the forwarding. Would my Windows firewall on my PC cause, this issue ?, but again, the PC is connected only after the Phone adapter ? i'm completely frustrated, could some one help - please ??
Could it be that you accidentally dialled *78? If unsure, you should dial *79, then wait for the dial tone before hanging up. After that, test if you can receive incoming calls. If you can, then *78 was dialled unmindfully by someone which activated DND (Do not disturb).

You agree to read my posts at your own risk.
mcwoods
Just Passing Thru

Post by mcwoods »

I have exactly the same issue on my iPhone4 v6. It would appear that it happens when connected via WiFi and or 3G. I tried the suggestion to select *79 but i only get a message that I am not subscribed to this service. Sure hope Fongo figures this out!
dummcy
Just Passing Thru

Post by dummcy »

cu2o2o2 wrote:
digital wrote:i'm having exactly the same issue, for the past several weeks. No incoming calls, but everything else works fine. Just curious, do you use a modem / router. i do not use any router, the internet cable directly goes to the Linksys adapter. i was told to do port forwarding, but i do not have any router / modem from where to do the forwarding. Would my Windows firewall on my PC cause, this issue ?, but again, the PC is connected only after the Phone adapter ? i'm completely frustrated, could some one help - please ??
Could it be that you accidentally dialled *78? If unsure, you should dial *79, then wait for the dial tone before hanging up. After that, test if you can receive incoming calls. If you can, then *78 was dialled unmindfully by someone which activated DND (Do not disturb).
Thank you so much cu2o2o!!! Dialling *79 fixed my issue. My mother-in-law must have done that inadvertently;)
cu2o2o2
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Double-NAT PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Express with SB5101
Computer OS: Win7 32-bit for DV softphone
Router: WNR3500L behind DIR-615C1

Post by cu2o2o2 »

You're welcome. Am glad to help whenever I can and have the time. :)

You agree to read my posts at your own risk.
mcwoods
Just Passing Thru

Post by mcwoods »

UPDATE! Fongo gave me a work around to my calls going directly to voicemail. Log out and also kill the app entirely from your phone. Then log back in again. My phone now rings on a call. I was told the next version of their app will have a permanent bug fix for this issue.
Just Passing Thru

Post by 000 »

Hi, I am having problem receiving phone calls from other cell phones. There is no sound, no ring tone if someone calls me from their cell phones. However, if someone calls me from a landline, it works.

My number was ported in August, it didn't work for the first two/three weeks. After more then 20 calls between technician the problem was fixed. And now it appears again...

Any ideas how to fix this? Thx!!!