1-800 or telemarketing calls

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo Home Phone is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

1-800 or telemarketing calls

Postby bigfatalleycat » 05/09/2013

Hi All,

I have been on Fongo home phone since May 3rd and have not received a single call from a 800 number of any kind. Now I'm not complaining if it is an unwanted call such as a telemarketer but I was wondering if Fongo filtered these kind of of calls or is it just a fluke that I have not received any since switching?
By the way the switch was painless and my old number was ported on time as promised.
Thanks Fongo! :D
bigfatalleycat
Just Passing Thru

Re: 1-800 or telemarketing calls

Postby lustucru » 05/09/2013

To get rid of telemarketing calls, register you phone to the "Do Not Call" list of the CRTC:

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

If you still get these type of calls 30 days after the registration date to the "Do not call" list, you can file a complaint to the CRTC.
lustucru
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Postby Jake » 05/09/2013

lustucru wrote:To get rid of telemarketing calls, register you phone to the "Do Not Call" list of the CRTC:

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

If you still get these type of calls 30 days after the registration date to the "Do not call" list, you can file a complaint to the CRTC.

I think he is actually asking FOR telemarketers to call :shock:

@AlleyCat Fongo does not filter such calls, so you must have just been lucky.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bigfatalleycat » 05/10/2013

Guess I am lucky then!! I had already previously registered for the Dnc list but a few still seem to get by. Thanks for the responses!
bigfatalleycat
Just Passing Thru

Postby darla » 09/18/2014

ust got it set up your way - Rogers modem works in the bridge mode. Linksys E4200 plugged into it, two Fongo lines plugged into the E4200. Thanks!
darla
darla
One Hit Wonder

Return to Suggestions & Feedback