Forwarding fongo number to freephoneline number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
kevinck
Just Passing Thru

Forwarding fongo number to freephoneline number

Post by kevinck »

I now have a freephonline.ca number with SIP unlocked.
I would like to forward my other fongo number to it.

This page mentions how you can forward one fongo number to another fongo number.
http://support.fongo.com/entries/228680 ... one-number

This page mentions how you can NOT forward one fongo number to another fongo number.
http://support.fongo.com/entries/228677 ... Follow-Me-

What is the official support of this kind of thing? And is there any difference with one of mine being freephonline?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Forwarding fongo number to freephoneline number

Post by Jake »

Well as the first link was added 8 minutes after the second, that probably means it overrules the second :D

It used to be that you could not forward a Fongo/FPL number to another one. Then it changed and they allowed it. As far as I know all Fongo/FPL numbers are classed the same so it will make no difference as far as forwarding will go.

The only thing I can suggest is to try it, if it works smile happily and and don't bring it to anyone's attention in case they fix it.

It has been one of those things that just seems to change by itself with no real announcement.

The initial reason they gave for not being able to forward to FPL numbers is to stop people from harvesting a load of free numbers and setting up a Canadian wide call centre type of affair. I'm not sure if that actually happened, or it was them just being a bit overly cautious. Since then the rule got relaxed and I myself have forwarded FPL numbers to one another, and still do now. If the system is not letting you then you will get a message when you try and add the number. It's not like it will allow you to add the number then refuse to forward it when a call comes in. If you can get the number in the box, you should be golden.
kevinck
Just Passing Thru

Re: Forwarding fongo number to freephoneline number

Post by kevinck »

I wrote this message because i couldn't get it to work and just wanted to confirm.

And of course as soon as you say to "Just try it" it does work for me.

Sigh.

Thanks.