Voicemail not working

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Voicemail not working

Postby AmisParcGatineau » 01/24/2020

Hi,

All of a sudden, incoming calls never go to voice mail. The phone just rings for a long time, then the connection is ended. We did not play around with any of the settings, or anything like that.

I re-recorded the greeting, in case the issue was that the greeting had been deleted, but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

We are using Freephoneline and an Obi202.

Have a nice day,
Simon Landry
AmisParcGatineau
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 03/26/2018
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: Bell Home Hub 1000

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Fongo Support » 01/24/2020

AmisParcGatineau wrote:Hi,

All of a sudden, incoming calls never go to voice mail. The phone just rings for a long time, then the connection is ended. We did not play around with any of the settings, or anything like that.

I re-recorded the greeting, in case the issue was that the greeting had been deleted, but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

We are using Freephoneline and an Obi202.

Have a nice day,
Simon Landry


Hi,

t will be resolved soon.

to check status:

https://status.fongo.com/

Thanks,
User avatar
Fongo Support
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: 01/01/2013

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Chamitae » 02/01/2020

Any news?

It's been a week without any voicemails...

Thanks,
Chamitae
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 09/10/2010
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Radioactif
Computer OS: Linux
Router: WRT54GL

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Fongo Support » 02/01/2020

Chamitae wrote:Any news?

It's been a week without any voicemails...

Thanks,


Hi,

I suggest to contact Support

http://fongo.help/submit
User avatar
Fongo Support
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 1689
Joined: 01/01/2013

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Jake » 02/02/2020

If you do find the problem maybe you can share it.

People have been asking how to do the thing you are trying to fix for years!
User avatar
Jake
Technical Support
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: 10/18/2009

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby albeause » 02/02/2020

Hi !
Since the upgrade, i remarked on my call display i got many people that called to my main FFL and no message waiting. I accessed my mailbox (*98) and i had only one message. I found that the prompts was now in english as i set my mailbox in french in the beginning of my subscription. I called my FFL from my cell phone and after 8 rings got the fastbusy disconnect from the mobile provider. I tried from another FFL account to call my main FFL number and i got the voicemail after 10 rings. What i did here is i went to my FFL web account and change the language from english to french, and set the number of rings to 5 to force to update my profile. I was able to recover my personal greeting and also the voicemail is now kick in after 5 rings. The only issue that still exist is the message waiting indicator that is not working on my both FFL numbers.
albeause
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 12/28/2016
SIP Device Name: spa-2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13
ISP Name: Bell Canada
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Sagemcom

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby AmisParcGatineau » 02/03/2020

albeause wrote:Hi !
Since the upgrade, i remarked on my call display i got many people that called to my main FFL and no message waiting. I accessed my mailbox (*98) and i had only one message. I found that the prompts was now in english as i set my mailbox in french in the beginning of my subscription. I called my FFL from my cell phone and after 8 rings got the fastbusy disconnect from the mobile provider. I tried from another FFL account to call my main FFL number and i got the voicemail after 10 rings. What i did here is i went to my FFL web account and change the language from english to french, and set the number of rings to 5 to force to update my profile. I was able to recover my personal greeting and also the voicemail is now kick in after 5 rings. The only issue that still exist is the message waiting indicator that is not working on my both FFL numbers.


Thanks for this. I changed the number of rings in my FFL account, too, and it fixed the problem!
AmisParcGatineau
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 11
Joined: 03/26/2018
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: Bell Home Hub 1000

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby Chamitae » 02/06/2020

That fixed it for me too! Thanks a lot albeause!
Chamitae
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 4
Joined: 09/10/2010
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Radioactif
Computer OS: Linux
Router: WRT54GL

Re: Voicemail not working

Postby marcaccioc » 02/14/2020

this fixed it on 3 accounts - Login and goto settings. Change number of rings before voice mail to something other than what you have. save. test. change it back to what you originally had. save. test.
marcaccioc
Just Passing Thru
 
Posts: 5
Joined: 01/02/2013


Return to Community Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests