Skipping audio - Grandstream Ht801

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Skipping audio - Grandstream Ht801

Postby gabwey » 08/26/2020

Hello,
I bought a HT801 two weeks ago to replace a dead OBI100. I configured the HT801 following the guide for the HT701 published here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18839

Everything seems to be running smoothly, but I am experiencing skipping audio during phone calls. It seems to occur at regular interval, and I lose the audio for about 1-2 seconds each time (and it always seem to be at the worst moment...).

My setup is:
Grandstream HT801 - 1.0.19.11
Netgear R7000 - running XWRT-Vortex : 384.15

Any suggestions to improve performance, and avoid the skipping audio?

Thank you.
gabwey
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT801
Firmware Version: 1.0.19.11
ISP Name: Fizz - Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Netgear R7000 - Wrt-Vortex 3

Re: Skipping audio - Grandstream Ht801

Postby Liptonbrisk » 08/26/2020

I don't know very much about Vortex, but it appears to be Merlin. Anyway, the latest firmware version is 384.19 at this time. You may want to consider updating. I doubt firmware version is related to your issue though.

I would usually suggest reading page 45 from this guide: download/file.php?id=2065. I still do recommend reading page 45 and going through the steps listed (also consider interference from nearby devices, and try moving your ATA and phones away from them), but the description of "regular interval" is odd. I would expect random dropouts if this were a jitter or packet loss issue. The problem still could be related to jitter. When testing, use a regular mobility service or landline to help reduce the likelihood of the issue being on the other side of the call.

Hopefully other forum members and moderators have other suggestions as well.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: OBi202
Firmware Version: 3.2.2 (Build:5921EX)
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin

Return to Community Support