Can't be heard on outgoing calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
hIPnotic
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15 (LS)
ISP Name: Rogers cable
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: Linksys BEFSR81v3

Can't be heard on outgoing calls

Post by hIPnotic »

On outgoing calls, the other party can't hear us. Incoming calls are ok.
We recently upgraded our gateway router (to Hitron CGN3ROG from Rogers).
I have done all the Port Forwarding, Restarting, checking of Settings & Troubleshooting as with the other upgrades before (gateway, router) but now I still can't solve the issue.
I haven't done DMZ yet or a firmware upgrade on ATA, as I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

On the Port Forwarding Options, there's "Public" & "Private" ports. I entered the ports 5060~6061, 13000~13001, 10000~10000 (from threads on Forum) on both Public & Private, all UDP. Please advise if this is correct.

We have FP home phone, using Linksys PAP2T & the CGN3ROG gateway from Rogers, & Win7 desktop.

Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Can't be heard on outgoing calls

Post by Fongo Support »

hIPnotic wrote:On outgoing calls, the other party can't hear us. Incoming calls are ok.
We recently upgraded our gateway router (to Hitron CGN3ROG from Rogers).
I have done all the Port Forwarding, Restarting, checking of Settings & Troubleshooting as with the other upgrades before (gateway, router) but now I still can't solve the issue.
I haven't done DMZ yet or a firmware upgrade on ATA, as I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

On the Port Forwarding Options, there's "Public" & "Private" ports. I entered the ports 5060~6061, 13000~13001, 10000~10000 (from threads on Forum) on both Public & Private, all UDP. Please advise if this is correct.

We have FP home phone, using Linksys PAP2T & the CGN3ROG gateway from Rogers, & Win7 desktop.

Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks.
Hi there,

You will need to put that modem in bridge mode and use your own wireless router.

That is the only way it will work reliably.

Thanks,
maherc
Quiet One

Post by maherc »

i have the same problem, am with Linksys PAP2T & the CGN3ROG gateway from Rogers. CAN not hear on outgoing calls. please let me know what options need to be changed?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

maherc wrote:i have the same problem, am with Linksys PAP2T & the CGN3ROG gateway from Rogers. CAN not hear on outgoing calls. please let me know what options need to be changed?
Hi there,

There is a special configuration for that modem- please see below:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
maherc
Quiet One

Post by maherc »

Works Great Thanks for You Support.
keyurb
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10(GW)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows XP

Post by keyurb »

I resolved my problem with sip setting for Rogers Customers with Hitron CGN2/CGN3 Modem. However, I have vmedia and Motorola SB6141 modem. Thanks