MWI always blinking for HT-286

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

MWI always blinking for HT-286

Post by lustucru »

The MWI of my HT-286 is blinking permanently since yesterday evening. Also, there is no messages in the voicemail but there are bips when I pick up the phone.

Tried to reboot or power cycle the ATA for 1 hour but this did not help.

The "Subscribe to MWI" is set to "NO" in the ATA and the firmware is up to date.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: MWI always blinking for HT-286

Post by Jake »

It could be that you have a (spam) fax message. The only way to clear this is to log in online and clear it through your online portal.
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Re: MWI always blinking for HT-286

Post by lustucru »

Hi Jake,

I double checked the Fongo desktop messages but there is no voice or fax messages left there.

The blinking message was still annoying and, before doing a factory reset, I tried the theses alternatives.

I switched Fongo config for Flynumber DID forwarded to VoipBuster thru a virtual pbx (the message is then copied to my Yahoo! email with the PBX).

Unfortunately, the problem was not resolved.

I then went back to Fongo original settings and the problem was fixed after several hours.

I found this in the Grandstream doc. Hope this will help all Fongo community.

"Once a “Firmware Server Path” is set, user needs to update the settings and reboot the device. If
the configured firmware server is found and a new code image is available, the HT ATA will
attempt to retrieve the new image files by downloading them into the HT ATA’s SRAM. During
this stage, the HT ATA’s LEDs will blink until the checking/downloading process is completed.
Upon verification of checksum, the new code image will then be saved into the Flash. If
TFTP/HTTP fails for any reason (e.g., TFTP/HTTP server is not responding, there are no code
image files available for upgrade, or checksum test fails, etc), the HT ATA will stop the
TFTP/HTTP process and simply boot using the existing code image in the flash. "