Hacked Phoneline

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Hacked Phoneline

Postby cortj » 04/02/2014

Hi,

We have reviewed our phone bill and the calls associated with our bill and it is apparent that someone has hacked our number and is making calls when we are not using the phone. The calls that are being billed to our account are not associated with numbers we call nor the times when we are home to make the calls. This is costing us a lot of money has most are international calls.

Can someone help us with this issue.

Thanks
cortj
Just Passing Thru

Router: WRT45G v5

Re: Hacked Phoneline

Postby Jake » 04/02/2014

You will have to open a support ticket on this one, it's not something that can be sorted out in the forum. See my sig for links.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bkuntz » 05/12/2014

Ive had this exact same issue, I've logged a ticket but have not had anyone call me nor have been able to reach anyone when i call. Very disappointed with the response thus far
bkuntz
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 05/12/2014

PM your ticket number to fongo support, see my sig for link.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bkuntz » 07/06/2014

After some hesitation i added more credits to my account, I went to make a LD call last night and no credits. I checked the cal log and there are calls again i did not make. Calls to Virgin Islands and other unknown numbers. Fongo has been zero help with this, I've logged a ticket, called and left messages, e-mailed, and nobody will call or help. As far as I'm concerned Fongo steals your money and then avoids all contact with their customers. CROOKS!!!!
bkuntz
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 07/06/2014

bkuntz wrote:After some hesitation i added more credits to my account, I went to make a LD call last night and no credits. I checked the cal log and there are calls again i did not make. Calls to Virgin Islands and other unknown numbers. Fongo has been zero help with this, I've logged a ticket, called and left messages, e-mailed, and nobody will call or help. As far as I'm concerned Fongo steals your money and then avoids all contact with their customers. CROOKS!!!!

Hi there,

Please send me a PM with your ticket# and I will have a look.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby senators » 08/31/2014

Hello

I also have the same problem now. with Fongo Home Phone. I Have send you a PM with the account info and the call log. can you please look in to this when you have time. Thanks
senators
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Cisco
Firmware Version: NA
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: XP
Router: ASUS

Postby Cruizer3000 » 01/14/2015

Our line was hacked as well with many strange calls (Tunisia? Belgrade?) when I checked my call log.
We kept adding world credits each time we wanted to call international but found that a few days later the credits would drain very quick. This time I finally checked the logs and found all this strange calling activity.
I estimate we've lost around $30 of calling credit because of this.
Cruizer3000
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 01/16/2015

If you haven't already done so, please submit a ticket at http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new regarding this issue. Your SIP password will need to be changed.

I would like to try to guess how the attacker was able to obtain your credentials. Let us run some tests.

1) Run a full system scan using your virus scanner. Did it find anything?

2) Change your email password. It's unlikely your SIP credentials were obtained via your email, but not impossible.

3) Do you forward any ports to your ATA? If so, remove your port forwarding.

4) Do you have a full cone NAT router? Please confirm my guess by running the utility from http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,22292023 . From a command prompt, you may run the command stun stun.ekiga.net . Let us know the type of NAT you are behind, and the make/model of your router.

In the meantime, change your SIP Port for both lines to a random number between 20000 and 65535 as a temporary measure. It may be worth it to change your RTP ports as well. (All four should be different.) This won't make it impossible to hack you, but it will take longer.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby skinpenthar » 02/26/2015

I Have send you a PM with the account info and the call log. can you please look in to this when you have time. Thanks.?
You can easily check out our high quality Testking ged practice test which prepares you well Testking praxis test real testking. You can also get success in hodges with the University of Hawaii and selftestengine.
skinpenthar
One Hit Wonder

Return to Community Support