Question regarding fongo home phone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
gouthro
Just Passing Thru

Question regarding fongo home phone

Post by gouthro »

I have been looking but haven't found anywhere that tells me whether i can use my existing handsets on fongo home phone?

If i don't have the ipad at home does that mean i cannot use the phone?

Thinking also about moving to tecksavvy home phone. Are there big advantages with fongo?

If i do go with teck savvy, can i still get my number ported to fongo?

Sorry for the elementary questions, but if i had found a number for fongo, i would have called them.
Thanks G
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Question regarding fongo home phone

Post by Jake »

With Fongo Home phone you will pay a set up fee, and then a monthly fee. With that you will get an ATA that has a phone jack on it. This is where you will plug your existing handsets. Fongo Mobile is a different service that uses phones/tablets, etc; so for Fongo Home Phone you will not need one. Because the ATA only has one phone jack the best thing to do is to get a base and cordless phone setup, then you can place your phone where you like in the house. As long as you disconnect the house wires from the incoming phone line from the road, it is possible to hook the ATA to a phone jack which in turn will liven up all the other house jacks. You have to make sure your internal wiring is completely isolated from the outside though, otherwise strange things will happen.

As long as your number is on the list of areas that can be ported from (http://support.fongo.com/entries/228992 ... o-network-), then you can port your number to Fongo at any time.

You will still need an internet connection for the Home Phone to work, Fongo does not supply that. As for advantages over Teksavvy I can't say as I do not know anything about their service . Maybe someone else on the forum can comment on this part of your question.