Cannot Login to site

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Notechnical
Just Passing Thru

Cannot Login to site

Post by Notechnical »

Hi all,

I'm new to Fongo and ported my home number a few weeks ago. I didn't realize that I had to also purchase an unlock key and I am trying to do it now. I am trying to login to my account and can't remember my password. I used the 'forgot password' query but the password the system sends isn't being accepted. I've tried 3 times.

Any suggestions on what else to do?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Cannot Login to site

Post by Jake »

Just so you know there are two sites. www.fongo.com and www.freephoneline.ca

Each site (system) is slightly different and has it's own login database. You mentioned the unlock key which is on FPL, but you have posted in the Fongo section so I am just wondering if you are trying to log into the right site.
Notechnical
Just Passing Thru

Post by Notechnical »

Yes, I was trying to login into the freephoneline.ca site. I landed at the fongo user forum when I clicked the forum tab on freephoneline. Freephoneline sends me a password retrieval but won't accept it when I enter it or use copy/paste.

I'm wondering if I open a new account with my husband's email, simply to purchase the unlock key from freephoneline, that would solve my issue? Or must the unlock key be synced with an account that has a freephoneline number?

Ugh. I'm sure this isn't complicated but just can't get it to work.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

The I would suggest to send in a support ticket for that.

The unlock key is linked to the account that you but it on, so you can't buy it on one account and then transfer it to another. The unlock key is just a username and password that will allow you to use your own device on the system, and it is a un/pw for that account.

Support should be able to get you going again, but it is stranger the reset link won't work for you. Have you tried in a different browser?
Notechnical
Just Passing Thru

Post by Notechnical »

I just tried using Safari instead of Firefox and the same thing happened.

How do I send in a support ticket?
Notechnical
Just Passing Thru

Post by Notechnical »

Found the support ticket. Submitted. Issue resolved. Thanks for your direction Jake.
juttt45
Just Passing Thru

Post by juttt45 »

I landed at the fongo user forum when I clicked the forum tab on freephoneline. Freephoneline sends me a password retrieval but won't accept it when I enter it or use copy/paste.?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

As noted above, I would send in a support ticket. There isn't much the forum can do to help unfortunately. http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

hope you get it fixed, sorry I couldn't be of more help.