New adapter not registering

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Oizocraze
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: grandstream
Firmware Version: none
ISP Name: bell
Computer OS: WindowsXP/WouldLoveLinuxSupport
Router: Gateway 2Wire

New adapter not registering

Post by Oizocraze »

I've got my latest grandstream adapter, getting a dialtone, lady comes up when i do xxx but the device fails to register. This may be the cause of when I try to dial it sounds busy after i dialed.
Oizocraze
Just Passing Thru

Re: New adapter not registering

Post by Oizocraze »

It's now registered but the password is invalid... what to do? the sip password.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Double check the password and user name. Make sure your user name is your phone number with the initial 1.

With the password copy and paste the password you have in your online admin page into Notepad. Some of the characters look very similar inthe font they use online. Il10oO can all look the same. Pasting it into notepad should make it clear what character is what.
Oizocraze
Just Passing Thru

Post by Oizocraze »

Thanks jake, I logged into my fongo account and on the admin page I get my phone number, credit balance and a choice of online store or settings. No SIP Password anywhere. Where can I find it exactly on the admin page?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Sorry I missed that this was in the Home Phone section. You will have to contact support through a support ticket for this one, account information is not something we can help with on the forum unfortunately. http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new