No green light on home phone adaptor

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
tatlyn
Just Passing Thru

No green light on home phone adaptor

Post by tatlyn »

I've just installed everything as per the installation guide. All lights on the adapter are on and showing green EXCEPT for the phone light. Guide says it can take up to 3 minutes. It's been at least 10 minutes to this point. Suggestions?
tatlyn
Just Passing Thru

Re: No green light on home phone adaptor

Post by tatlyn »

Ok., I unplugged the adapter and than plugged it back in. The green phone light is now on but there isn't a dial tone??
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

tatlyn wrote:Ok., I unplugged the adapter and than plugged it back in. The green phone light is now on but there isn't a dial tone??
Hi there,

I suggest to open a ticket for this issue.

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

If I have to guess, the Fongo device is programmed with the ported number however porting did no complete yet.

Just a guess.

Support team can help you to resolve this if you open a ticket.

regards,
tatlyn
Just Passing Thru

Post by tatlyn »

Thank you. I'll do that.
FrizzL
Just Passing Thru

Post by FrizzL »

This happened to me today during my set up process. To bad the last person never followed up the outcome. I found out my ported number has not completed as well. I'm now waiting for the email to confirm this and will try again. I'm hoping the green light will activate and my cordless phone will connect to the adapter.

I will post ASAP with the outcome.
FrizzL
Just Passing Thru

Post by FrizzL »

It Works!!! I finally got the green light. Even after I received notice my ported number was ready, still no green light on the phone light on adapter. I was then told to reset the adapter by unplugging the Ethernet cord and pushing a pin into the reset hole at the back for 7 seconds. I then put the Ethernet cord back in and about 5 minutes later... Bam! It was all good. Seems to work fine now.