Outgoing calls being dropped

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
amanek
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Rogers - 5g
Computer OS: mac
Router: hitron

Outgoing calls being dropped

Post by amanek »

Hey guys,

I'm new to this - just got my Fongo Home phone... didn't get the unlock stuff and ordered everything from them directly - ported my Rogers home phone number to Fongo and everything was set up on the SIP I got in the mail. I'm using the new 5g routers from Rogers - the Hitron...

Plugged everything in as I was supposed to and worked like a charm - when receiving calls. ALL my outgoing calls... always... they drop at the 30-60 second mark... every single outgoing call.

I've done some research - tried to open the "ports" by following the Port Forwarding thing but wasn't sure what the "ip address" was supposed to be so just used the ip address that i used to login to the router with a 12 on the end instead of 1 (http://192.168.0.1).

So please if there is a guide, someone with rogers who knows what I should do... I'd really appreciate it. I got this Hitron modem (and paying more for it per month) simply because I need the range to extend into my bedroom better so the option of going to the cheaper older modem and bridging it isn't overly appealing to me - but if that's what I have to do... well just let me know.

Thanks a lot!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Outgoing calls being dropped

Post by Fongo Support »

amanek wrote:Hey guys,

I'm new to this - just got my Fongo Home phone... didn't get the unlock stuff and ordered everything from them directly - ported my Rogers home phone number to Fongo and everything was set up on the SIP I got in the mail. I'm using the new 5g routers from Rogers - the Hitron...

Plugged everything in as I was supposed to and worked like a charm - when receiving calls. ALL my outgoing calls... always... they drop at the 30-60 second mark... every single outgoing call.

I've done some research - tried to open the "ports" by following the Port Forwarding thing but wasn't sure what the "ip address" was supposed to be so just used the ip address that i used to login to the router with a 12 on the end instead of 1 (http://192.168.0.1).

So please if there is a guide, someone with rogers who knows what I should do... I'd really appreciate it. I got this Hitron modem (and paying more for it per month) simply because I need the range to extend into my bedroom better so the option of going to the cheaper older modem and bridging it isn't overly appealing to me - but if that's what I have to do... well just let me know.

Thanks a lot!
Hi,

If you have Fongo home phone, you should probably reset device to factory defaults- details below:

1. Unplug the Ethernet cable.
2. Locate a needle-sized hole on the back panel of the gateway unit next to the power
connection.
3. Insert a pin in this hole, and press for about 7 seconds.
4. Take out the pin. All unit settings are restored to factory settings
5.reconnect the Ethernet cable

Wait for 5 minutes.

Device should reconfigure and you should have dialtone.

Please test and let us know if everything works as expected.

Thanks,
amanek
Just Passing Thru

Post by amanek »

tried the above method - but to no avail... however after numerous attempts, I finally did the reset with the Ethernet cable still inserted and the first few calls dropped but then it started working. So far it's been working so hopefully that did the trick... Will try again in the morning.
amanek
Just Passing Thru

Post by amanek »

Still happening... The suggested method did not work... Incoming calls work perfectly... outgoing calls last only 30 seconds to 1 minute before being dropped. I have tried the above method... tried to reset with the ethernet inserted... tried to reset the modem, router, and tried different configurations of insertion but still cannot get an outgoing call to last longer than one minute.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

amanek wrote:Still happening... The suggested method did not work... Incoming calls work perfectly... outgoing calls last only 30 seconds to 1 minute before being dropped. I have tried the above method... tried to reset with the ethernet inserted... tried to reset the modem, router, and tried different configurations of insertion but still cannot get an outgoing call to last longer than one minute.
Hi,

I suggest to open a support ticket to have your device and account checked.

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Once you have the ticket#, send me a PM:

http://forum.fongo.com/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852

regards,