Trying to setup with bell Fibe internet - !

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
slotback
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: home phone
ISP Name: bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: bell sagemcom

Trying to setup with bell Fibe internet - !

Post by slotback »

hi,

I just received my ata and have been racking my brain in an attempt to get fongo working...and it still doesn't work.

Attempt 1 - ate Ethernet to Alcatel box, phone line from ata to cordless home phone base station. Result = busy signal
Attempt 2 - ata Ethernet to sagemcom router, phone line from ata to cordless. Result = no phone signal
Attempt 3 - ata Ethernet to Alcatel box, 1st rj11 to ata...2nd rj11 cable to Alcatel box.result = no phone signal
Attempt 4 - ata Ethernet to sagemcom, rj11 to Alcatel box , 2nd rj11 to sagemcom = old phone number working (porting isn't complete yet)

At this point I'm frustrated and thinking of cancelling fongo as it may not work with bell Fibe. Any assistance would be appreciated here.

If I have to cancel within the first day or two, do I qualify to get money back once I mail the adaptor back ?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Trying to setup with bell Fibe internet - !

Post by Fongo Support »

slotback wrote:hi,

I just received my ata and have been racking my brain in an attempt to get fongo working...and it still doesn't work.

Attempt 1 - ate Ethernet to Alcatel box, phone line from ata to cordless home phone base station. Result = busy signal
Attempt 2 - ata Ethernet to sagemcom router, phone line from ata to cordless. Result = no phone signal
Attempt 3 - ata Ethernet to Alcatel box, 1st rj11 to ata...2nd rj11 cable to Alcatel box.result = no phone signal
Attempt 4 - ata Ethernet to sagemcom, rj11 to Alcatel box , 2nd rj11 to sagemcom = old phone number working (porting isn't complete yet)

At this point I'm frustrated and thinking of cancelling fongo as it may not work with bell Fibe. Any assistance would be appreciated here.

If I have to cancel within the first day or two, do I qualify to get money back once I mail the adaptor back ?
Hi,

Did you receive email from porting team with instructions to connect device?

I believe that device is already configured with the ported number for your convenience (I might be wrong)

Have you opened a support ticket for this issue?

Please send me PM with your ticket# and I will follow up.

If you did not open a ticket yet- please see below:

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

regards,
slotback
Just Passing Thru

Post by slotback »

Fongo Support wrote:
slotback wrote:hi,

Hi,

Did you receive email from porting team with instructions to connect device?

I believe that device is already configured with the ported number for your convenience (I might be wrong)

Have you opened a support ticket for this issue?

Please send me PM with your ticket# and I will follow up.

If you did not open a ticket yet- please see below:

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

regards,
I can't create a ticket as neither my temporary fongo number or my existing number (to be ported) aren't being accepted by your ticket submission form. What can I do ?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

Hi,

Please enter number like this: 15191234567 not like this 519-123-4567 or like this 1-519-123-4567

regards,
slotback
Just Passing Thru

Post by slotback »

Ticket created but no ticket number was generated. Should I be expecting a follow up email with a ticket number ?
slotback
Just Passing Thru

Post by slotback »

The support folks at fongo really came thru.

It's now working perfectly.

Thanks you can close this now.