Error message insufficient funds unable to make local calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
jehang2082
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obihai
Firmware Version: 3.0.1.4738
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Huwaie

Error message insufficient funds unable to make local calls

Post by jehang2082 »

when try to dial a local telephone # from my connected obihai ATA getting error message insufficient funds even though the phone is call is local to my cell # or my home # that I have just put a request for porting. None of the calls are working. Can you please help.

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Error message insufficient funds unable to make local ca

Post by Jake »

Can you let us know what the first 6 numbers you are trying to dial.

You will also want to check that the place you are trying to call is listed here https://www.fongo.com/calling/free/
jehang2082
Just Passing Thru

Post by jehang2082 »

Hi Jake,
905-453-xxxx and 416-722-xxxx, Brampton, ON is listed in the calling allowed list.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Both of those number are showing as free in the lookup table. Have you tried calling other numbers in those area codes?

Looking in your online call logs might give you a clue as to what is going on. It could be your Obi ATA is throwing in some extra numbers. It's a long shot, but possible.
Number: 19054531111
Price: Free Call $0.00
Number: 14167221111
Price: Free Call $0.00
jehang2082
Just Passing Thru

Post by jehang2082 »

I've looked at the call logs and it's showing up correctly. I have tried 2 different #'s 647-830-xxxx and 613-424-xxxx and still the same thing "INSUFFICIENT FUND". It doesn't look like my account is setup correctly. Please help.

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Well I can't see anything wrong with any of the numbers that you have posted. I would suggest sending in a support ticket now, they will be able to see a lot more than we can on the forum https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Please let us know how you get on.
jehang2082
Just Passing Thru

Post by jehang2082 »

I have already sent a support ticket with no response. Please see below ticket #'s. Can you get some to help with these tickets or direct me who to contact.

Ticket #1
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #150567 - Unable to make out bound calls getting error message

Ticket #2
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #150545 - Unable to make local or long distance calls

Ticket # 3
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #151029 - Getting error message "Insufficient funds" when making an out bound call

Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

jehang2082 wrote:I have already sent a support ticket with no response. Please see below ticket #'s. Can you get some to help with these tickets or direct me who to contact.

Ticket #1
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #150567 - Unable to make out bound calls getting error message

Ticket #2
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #150545 - Unable to make local or long distance calls

Ticket # 3
Fongo Request Received - Ticket #151029 - Getting error message "Insufficient funds" when making an out bound call

Thanks
Hi,

The issue is with your dial plan on the ata.

Once you adjust your ata settings it will work 100%

regards,