ADT Alarm (Safewatch 3000) COMM FAILURE

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

ADT Alarm (Safewatch 3000) COMM FAILURE

Postby Horganic » 03/08/2016

I've just gotten Fongo Home Phone, and calls are working just fine.

My Alarm (panel Safewatch 3000) won't connect however. I see the phone-home attempts in the fongo call-log, but the panel reports "COMM FAILURE".

Is there a definitive way to get this going? I see forum posts elsewhere about using the right codec etc... but many folks are talking baout PAP2T or ooma, and not the HT701 which is what I got with Fongo.

Looking at the HT701 web interface it appears that PCMU is the 1st chosen codec. Can anyone suggest other things I should check?
Horganic
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Start.ca
Computer OS: OSX

Re: ADT Alarm (Safewatch 3000) COMM FAILURE

Postby Fongo Support » 03/12/2016

Horganic wrote:I've just gotten Fongo Home Phone, and calls are working just fine.

My Alarm (panel Safewatch 3000) won't connect however. I see the phone-home attempts in the fongo call-log, but the panel reports "COMM FAILURE".

Is there a definitive way to get this going? I see forum posts elsewhere about using the right codec etc... but many folks are talking baout PAP2T or ooma, and not the HT701 which is what I got with Fongo.

Looking at the HT701 web interface it appears that PCMU is the 1st chosen codec. Can anyone suggest other things I should check?

Hi,

You need to report this to the support team.

http://fongo.help/submit

If you do not wish to contact support, please change one setting on your Device and see if there is any improvement:

1. Pick up the phone plugged into the Fongo phone adapter
2. Dial ***, #, 02, and write down the IP Address it reads (usually 192.168.xxx.xxx)
3. Hang up the phone
4. Open a web browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), type the IP Address in the address bar at the top of your screen and press Enter
5. In the Password field, type: admin
6. Click the Login button
7. Click the FXS Port link on the right side of the menu bar
8. Find the Disable echo canceler and change it from "No" to "Yes"
9. Click on APPLY
9.1 Click the FXS Port link on the right side of the menu bar
9.2 Scroll down and click on reboot
10. Adapter will now reboot

If this change is not helping, we recommend to contact support to check your device.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Horganic » 03/12/2016

Thanks for the advice. I've adjusted the setting per your instructions, but the problem persists. I've logged a support ticket. I'll post back with any information I receive.
Horganic
Just Passing Thru

Postby Horganic » 03/13/2016

I logged a support ticket as suggested, and they adjusted something on their end and had me power cycle my device to pick up the new settings.

Everything works now - the alarm reports "PHONE OK"

Wunderbar! I hope this topic can serve as a guide post for other new fongo'ers.
Horganic
Just Passing Thru

Postby Jake » 03/13/2016

Nice to hear, thanks for letting us know.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support