able to out call, but cannot call in

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
desert
Just Passing Thru

able to out call, but cannot call in

Post by desert »

The phone has been used for 3+ years and worked well usually. 1 or 2 weeks ago, it suddenly could not call in. Any calls to the phone#, it just did not ring. I can confirm I did not change any setting. Can you advise how to make it work?

Thank you!
Jake
Technical Support

Re: able to out call, but cannot call in

Post by Jake »

If you are a home phone customer then you should be able to get support from them directly. You will probably have to put in a support ticket though https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Things to check in the meantime is if your ATA has DND (Do not disturb) or any sort of call forwarding set. Either of these will make all incoming calls go to voicemail.

Check in your manual to how to disable DND. You can usually set/unset it via * codes, which is how it gets activated accidentally.

Have a look in the settings of your ATA for any phone number that should not be there. We have had a few people on the forum that have had their ATAs changed (by a hack maybe) and a phone number inserted into the call forwarding section. It might be worth going through and seeing if anything looks out of place.
desert
Just Passing Thru

Re: able to out call, but cannot call in

Post by desert »

Thanks for replying. I just surprised to see there was a wrong setting for Forward me setting via profile. Changed to "Disable" and fixed.