Can Home Phone number be put on cell phone?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Joni123
Just Passing Thru

Can Home Phone number be put on cell phone?

Post by Joni123 »

Hi,
I already have a Fongo mobile phone number, and then later I also ported my home phone to Fongo Home Phone.
Can my Fongo Home Phone number now be put on my cell phone using the Fongo mobile app? If so, how? Thanks.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Can Home Phone number be put on cell phone?

Post by Jake »

This page should help you https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212436246
I know it says FPL, but it relates to moving numbers between any of the services.

You will lose your current Fongo Mobile number, so if you want to keep it you will have to open up a new account and move the number to that one.
Joni123
Just Passing Thru

Post by Joni123 »

Jake wrote:This page should help you https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212436246
I know it says FPL, but it relates to moving numbers between any of the services.

You will loose your current Fongo Mobile number, so if you want to keep it you will have to open up a new account and move the number to that one.
I want to keep my Fongo Home Phone number; I don't want to port it away to my cell. Is it possible to have my Fongo Home Phone number at home and also on my cell?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Sorry I misunderstood.

The short answer is no, you can only have one device registered at a time to an account. So even if it was possible to log into a Home Phone account on your Fongo Mobile device, it would still be either one or the other.

What a work around may be for you is to look in your online settings. I do not have Fongo Home Phone so I am unsure of what your admin area looks like, but I am betting it is similar to their other products. Look for the Call Forwarding section and set up Simultaneous ringing to your cell number. What this will do is ring both the home phone and any other number you set up there (in this case your mobile number) at the same time. When one picks up the others will stop ringing. Unfortunately when you call out from your mobile device, it will still have your mobile number, but I think this is probably as close as you can get to how, I think, you want it.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Post by mh1983 »

With that workaround, what happens when Joni wants to call the home number from the cell?