multiple ph #s ?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

multiple ph #s ?

Postby critternut » 10/19/2017

Hi, I can't find a specific answer to this question. I am applying for jobs in other provinces and wonder if I can have another phone number in a different province on my account.

Thanks
critternut
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Firmware Version: Android 4.4.2
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Win 10

Re: multiple ph #s ?

Postby Jake » 10/20/2017

Many of us here have more than one phone number. In fact if you are to use all of their services you have no choice but to have at least 5 (Fongo Mobile, Fongo Home Phone, Fongo Works, FPL desktop, FPL unlocked). There are also 4 people in our house with mobiles, so we obviously have 4 different numbers for them. The fact that they are all in the same area code is moot seeing that they could quite as easily been in different parts of the country.

While you can't assign different numbers to your account, there isn't anything stopping you from opening additional accounts. I would strongly advise you don't go silly with this though, and remember the requirements for keeping an account active https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/arti ... t-deleted-

As you have posted this in this section I assume you have a Home Phone account with them. It wouldn't make sense to open more home phone accounts, so the additional accounts would be made on Fongo Mobile, or Freephoneline Desktop services.

Ideally you would like your home phone to ring when another number was called. With their forwarding system you can't put your home phone number in more than one other account for forwarding to. What you have to do here is daisy chain them. So #a forwards to #b, which forwards to #c, then #c forwards to your home phone.

Again, don't go silly with this or you could find all your accounts get shut. I can't see that you having numbers in one or two other cities would raise too many concerns though. There must be hundreds of people creating accounts everyday never to use them again.

Fongo are very reasonable when it comes to their numbers, so if you do end up moving to a different province, or even city, they have quick and sometimes free options for changing your number.

Hope some of this helps, although it's not the answer of "yes you can add other numbers to your account" that you were hoping for. A while back they did have a banner up for a couple of years saying that soon we could add additional numbers to accounts (for a monthly fee) just like you want, but nothing ever really came of it. I think in the end they got bored of changing the date from 2015 to 2016 to 2017 and eventually took it down :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby bridonca » 10/20/2017

As a FYI, you need to use separate email addresses for each phone number, if you want to use the same service. If you do not use the service after a period of time, I believe 90 days, you will lose the account and phone number, unless you put money into the account, or port a number over, and then you can keep the number indefinitively.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby critternut » 10/25/2017

Thank you for your response. Your second paragraph does, in fact, answer my question. I was hoping to keep it simple with one account to pay & manage, but that's life.

While you can't assign different numbers to your account, there isn't anything stopping you from opening additional accounts.

As you have posted this in this section I assume you have a Home Phone account with them.
Yes.

It wouldn't make sense to open more home phone accounts, so the additional accounts would be made on Fongo Mobile, or Freephoneline Desktop services.

Strategic advice, thank you
critternut
Just Passing Thru

Postby critternut » 10/25/2017

Thank you for your response and helpful tip about the email.

bridonca wrote:As a FYI, you need to use separate email addresses for each phone number, if you want to use the same service. If you do not use the service after a period of time, I believe 90 days, you will lose the account and phone number, unless you put money into the account, or port a number over, and then you can keep the number indefinitively.
critternut
Just Passing Thru

Return to Community Support