Unrecognized outbound calls in log

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Unrecognized outbound calls in log

Postby PercyDieter » 11/13/2017

My HomePhone credits are being eaten up by calls to unrecognized number all similar and repeats of 1-264-582-XXXX. the calls where made at times when no one was home. The destination in the log is listed as Digicell Mobile.
Has my phone been hacked?
PercyDieter
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: EastLink
Computer OS: Windows

Re: Unrecognized outbound calls in log

Postby Jake » 11/14/2017

You should open up a support ticket on this one. There isn't much we can do on the forum unfortunately.

If calls are being made when no one is around, it certainly seems that there is a problem. Just as a thought, do you have any autodiallers that could be making the calls. Something like an alarm system maybe. If not, I would send in a support ticket and request for the account password to be changed, then get that changed in the ATA.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby PercyDieter » 11/14/2017

Thanks - I've opened a support ticket yesterday with the IP and MAC address etc. I have not heard back yet.
PercyDieter
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: EastLink
Computer OS: Windows

Postby Jake » 11/14/2017

You should have got a ticket number when you sent in your question. Check any spam folders just in case it went in there.

You can always try and PM Fongo Support here. They can usually help you a lot faster, especially seeing as you are a Home Phone customer.
ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852

If you do find your ticket number, include that in the PM so they don't start looking into the same problem twice.

Good luck.
Jake
Technical Support

Return to Community Support