Very disappointed with Fongo Home phone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Very disappointed with Fongo Home phone

Postby fongonogud » 04/19/2018

I recently switched to fongo home phone and was excited to try it for the first time by connecting Grand strea 801 ATA. My expereince so far has been quite bad. It has been 7 hours since I opened a ticket, no one has bothered to reply. I am not sure if i need to configure some SIP values although there is no indication of it in the installation guide.
My problem is that phone is not registering. The phone light on the ATA is not lit up. The other two lights are lit solid.
I have tried POPO on ATA and modem. ATA is connected directly to the modem router but no luck. I do have dial tone but am unable to make any call as all calls end up in a fast busy signal. I have logged on to the ATA via browser and it seems that FXA ports is not set to active. There are no SIP settings.
Have contacted Fongo home support, no response in past 7 hours.
Not a good start, I am afraid.
is anyone using Fongo home here and has any idea what needs to be done?
fongonogud
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: ATA 801

Re: Very disappointed with Fongo Home phone

Postby Liptonbrisk » 04/20/2018

Send a private message to Fongo Support, and please provide your ticket number in the message: ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Re: Very disappointed with Fongo Home phone

Postby fongonogud » 04/20/2018

Liptonbrisk - Thanks. Done.
fongonogud
Just Passing Thru