Message waiting indicator problem

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.

Message waiting indicator problem

Postby emailit » 05/31/2018

I signed up a friend with Fongo Home Phone last month. Porting the old number and setup went smoothly. However, the HT-801 keeps signaling (the blue phone icon flashes slowly) that Fongo has a voice message. A message did exist, but it was retrieved and deleted. Now the HT-801 keeps indicating to all the handsets that there is a voice message .... CONSTANTLY. I rebooted the HT-801 but the phone icon eventually starts to blink slowly again. I opened a ticket several weeks ago when this problem first appeared. Support did not know what the problem was. Since then, dialing *98, no longer accesses the voicemail system ... just "dead air" is heard ... no voice comes on. Anyone know what is happening? My friend keeps thinking there is a message to retrieve and is driving her nuts!

Update: Ater about 24 hrs, the blue phone icon on the HT-801 stopped flashing slowly. No more message waiting indication!
emailit
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT502
Firmware Version: 1.0.16.2
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Android, but irrelevant
Router: Bell Home Hub 3000

Return to Community Support