RE: NO SERVICE / ATA SIP Password for Home Phone ?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
dutch
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.18
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8
Router: DLink

RE: NO SERVICE / ATA SIP Password for Home Phone ?

Post by dutch »

i have not been able to use my Fongo Home Service at all since receiving it over 10 days ago. None of my service tickets have been responded to and telephone support does not exist. My ATA required reconfiguration as I was not able to dial out after installing it. unfortunately i was never provided with the SIP User ID password and cannot find it within my Fongo Home Phone Portal Account. I am currently being charged for service I cannot, nor have not, been able to use since switching and porting my number to Fongo, i am so diappointed, paying close to $100 to activate, ship and port a long term functioning number to have no service.
Please make me a believer.
Funkytown
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Re: RE: NO SERVICE / ATA SIP Password for Home Phone ?

Post by Funkytown »

dutch wrote:i have not been able to use my Fongo Home Service at all since receiving it over 10 days ago. None of my service tickets have been responded to and telephone support does not exist. My ATA required reconfiguration as I was not able to dial out after installing it. unfortunately i was never provided with the SIP User ID password and cannot find it within my Fongo Home Phone Portal Account. I am currently being charged for service I cannot, nor have not, been able to use since switching and porting my number to Fongo, i am so diappointed, paying close to $100 to activate, ship and port a long term functioning number to have no service.
Please make me a believer.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.
I will try my best in explaining where to find your sip settings.

Try and go here to log into your account https://www.freephoneline.ca/login
Please use the email and password you registered with Freephoneline/Fongo.
If you forgot your password but remember your email then click here https://www.freephoneline.ca/forgottenPassword
Now once your logged in you will see at the very top Main administration
In the main admin just scroll down to the very bottom of the page not far below after seeing your phone number click on Settings
In the Settings Tab you will see your Sip Settings and all your information is there to configure your ATA device.

I hope this will help you!
tbrummell
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Post by tbrummell »

The Fongo Portal does not give you the SIP password. You need to speak with Fongo for that. PM Mike or Steve for help.
dutch
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.18
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8
Router: DLink

Post by dutch »

i finally received my Password. Mission accomplished, I have service.
Thankyou everyone for all of your suggestions.