Incoming calls not working on daily basis

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: GRANSTREAM
Firmware Version: - 1.0.0.18
ISP Name: Cogeco

Incoming calls not working on daily basis

Post by FongoUser »

Hi,
After 4 months of having no problems, since the beginning of January I've had to restart my Fongo home phone box (unplug it and plug it back in) almost EVERYDAY.
Outgoing calls are no problem.

When it's no working the caller hears no ringing, just immediate disconnect.

It's awesome that FONGO HAS NO PHONE SUPPORT ANYMORE. Must have closed down their Latin American call center.
I emailed support several times and have not had any response.
Two people I'd recommended Fongo to have already cancelled their Fongo home phone services and more will follow if there's no resolution to this issue.

FONGO, if you're listening YOU OWE your paying customers an EXPLANATION of what's going on and when it's going to be resolved.
BlackCat944T
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys/PAP2T-5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Incoming calls not working on daily basis

Post by BlackCat944T »

I have been having this same issue since the beginning of February.

If I diasable follow me and update the changes, it goes straight to voicemail.

If follow me is enabled, it will go straight through to the follow me number set.

I can make outgoing calls, but cannot receive any.

FPL.... PLEASE HELP !!

I have been directed to use the forums for help... are there people from the FPL company that reads and respomds to emails ?

All I have seen and read in this forum is unhappy customers.

I also put in a request via email, they gave me a ticket number and I received an automated response stating:

***We are working to transition our support processes and are experiencing a longer than expected response time. Please allow 2-3 days for responses to billing and porting related inquiries***

Thank you for your email. Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our staff.

If your support request is related to Fongo Home Phone, billing inquires or telephone number porting, a customer service agent will be in touch shortly.

If you are emailing about one of the topics below, please note that we cannot provide support. Please see our self-service support and troubleshooting information here:

Fongo Mobile
Getting Started: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21659926
Your Account: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21656977
Features: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21656967
Coverage: "http://support.fongo.com/forums/21660036"
Tips & Tricks: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21652331
Troubleshooting and more: http://support.fongo.com/categories/20075441

Fongo Home Phone
Getting Started: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21655862
Your Account: http://support.fongo.com/forums/21655773
Features: "http://support.fongo.com/forums/21665466"
Coverage: "http://support.fongo.com/forums/21650633"
Troubleshooting and more: http://support.fongo.com/categories/20076251

You can also check the community forum for user generated discussion at http://forum.fongo.com.

Talk Freely,
Team Fongo Support

To add additional comments to your request, simply reply to this email.

BTW... I was not able to have all the links active... there are a maximun of 10 per message allowed.....
not that they are of any help in this situation.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

If you are not getting incoming calls, but outgoing calls work fine, then there is nothing wrong on Fongo's end. You have a router misconfiguration that is finally causing you problems. You already have one part of the problem, the PAP2 ATA. Nothing wrong with the PAP2 itself, but it has no tolerance to poorly configured routers.

Quick fix is to turn off the router, ATA and modem, then turn on the the modem, then 30 seconds later turn on the router, and 30 seconds laters, power on the ATA. That should allow you to have incoming calls for at least 5 minutes, maybe longer, but the router is probably going to get amnesia again sooner or later

A more permanent fix is to manually forward incoming RTP ports, the defaults for the pap2 usually are 16384 -16482. That depends on how good your router is. What do you have for a router?
BlackCat944T
Just Passing Thru

Post by BlackCat944T »

bridonca wrote:If you are not getting incoming calls, but outgoing calls work fine, then there is nothing wrong on Fongo's end. You have a router misconfiguration that is finally causing you problems. You already have one part of the problem, the PAP2 ATA. Nothing wrong with the PAP2 itself, but it has no tolerance to poorly configured routers.

The set up worked flawlessly, my moden has a built in router... its the ZyXel VSG 1432 VDSL2 Gateway (Modem/4 ports/Wireless)
bridonca wrote:Quick fix is to turn off the router, ATA and modem, then turn on the the modem, then 30 seconds later turn on the router, and 30 seconds laters, power on the ATA. That should allow you to have incoming calls for at least 5 minutes, maybe longer, but the router is probably going to get amnesia again sooner or later

I have done this on several occasions, I also wiped out the memory from the Modem itself and reconfigured the settings with my ISP provider. Again, worked flawlessly.

I power cycled the units a few times since, and it does not help.
bridonca wrote:A more permanent fix is to manually forward incoming RTP ports, the defaults for the pap2 usually are 16384 -16482. That depends on how good your router is. What do you have for a router?
Now this I will have to look into, but it seems strange that it will actually be a fix.
I will post images of my setup later on this evening.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru

Post by FongoUser »

Ok, So even though I had no problems for 5 months and now it is not working it's my router?

Ok, if it actually is then can I put the Fongo box outside my router (directly connect it to the my cablemodel)?
Then that would totally eliminate that possibility right?
BlackCat944T
Just Passing Thru

Post by BlackCat944T »

Everything checks out at my end, I was told by Fongo Staff that they would be looking into this problem.... I am patiently waiting for a response.

My set up is fine..... Actually, when I disconnect my SIP adapter.... it still shows up in my account settings as it connected. Even after its been disconnected for hours.

Like I said.... I am waiting patiently for Fongo Staff to get back to me.

Thank you.
yyzALEX
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: sipura 2000(SPA-2000)
Firmware Version: 3.1.5
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win
Router: Wrt54g1486

Post by yyzALEX »

Since the update I cannot receive any calls. I connected my ATA directly to the cable modem and I have the same issue.
I have dial tone, can make calls but I get NO INCOMING CALLS via the ATA. Thus, there is no issue with my router.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

yyzALEX wrote:Since the update I cannot receive any calls. I connected my ATA directly to the cable modem and I have the same issue.
I have dial tone, can make calls but I get NO INCOMING CALLS via the ATA. Thus, there is no issue with my router.
So your modem and it's integrated router is the cause of your problems. Great. I shutter to ask what the brand of your modem.

I would personally disable the integrated router on the modem, and let the router do the PPPoE details. I do not know how awful your modem is, but the fact it cannot do proper NAT is a cause for concern. If you can, see if there are settings on the modem to forward RTP ports 16384 -16482 from the modem to the PAP2. Make sure you power everything down after you save the settings. I have had cases where the old settings were still used, even after a soft reset.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru

Post by FongoUser »

MIGHT ACTUALLY BE WORKING NOW??????

I tried configuring port forwarding on the router as per support's recommendation ( 5060-6061 (UDP) and the 10000-20000 (UDP)) and things started working about 30% of the time.
Next I put my Fongo supplied VOIP device in my router's DMZ and since then it seems to be working 100% of the time (I'll wait and see - been disappointed too many times now!)

So I'd suggest putting your device in your router's DMZ or in front of your router's firewall to see if your issues go away.

Also, I had performed the following as per support's suggestion to resolve an issue with inbound calls not being connected successfully:
1. Pick up the phone plugged into the Fongo phone adapter
2. Dial ***, #, 02, and write down the IP Address it reads (usually 192.168.xxx.xxx)
3. Hang up the phone
4. Open a web browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), type the IP Address in the address bar at the top of your screen and press Enter
5. In the Password field, type: admin
6. Click the Login button
7. Click the FXS Port link on the right side of the menu bar
8. Find the "NAT Traversal(STUN)"and change the setting from "No" to "No, but send keep alive"
9. Click on update
10. Adapter will now reboot
sahar_ca
Just Passing Thru

Post by sahar_ca »

I have the same issue for last 30 days I havve Sipura SPA 2000
can sone help Fongo is not responding
yyzALEX
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: sipura 2000(SPA-2000)
Firmware Version: 3.1.5
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Win
Router: Wrt54g1486

Post by yyzALEX »

Bridonca, as you can see by my hardware specs, I have a sip-2000, which is a dedicated ATA. I have a separate cable modem, the Motorola 5100. After 7 hours of trying various configurations, deleting the port forwards and maintaining the DMZ, I still had the same problem. ATA would not ring my home phone. I finally changed the phone from phone port 2 to 1 on the ATA and the problem appears resolved.

Sahar_ca you should try that too.

I will be ordering another ATA from canadianvoipstore. Most likely, the Obihai 302 at http://www.canadianvoipstore.com/obihai-obi302 which they are selling for $ 58 all in.
buffwings
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Fongo home phone
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Windows on PC
Router: Cisco Linksys

Post by buffwings »

I tried FongoUser's suggestion of enabling STUN to "No but send keep alive" and I have not experienced incoming calls not working ever since- for 2 days now. To me this seems to have fixed the problem - cross my fingers :)
samcro
Just Passing Thru

Post by samcro »

Your ATA is not the fault. After the recent upgrade the FOLLOW ME SETTINGS got stuck in ENABLE. Make sure you log in the account and disable FOLLOW ME SETTINGS.
If you want to forward to a number make sure you put one there. After I disabled the FOLLOW ME SETTINGS my problem for not receiving calls have been fixed.

Fongo team:

Post this into the solution for the incoming calls not working.

If you do not have forwarding number make sure you disable FOLLOW ME SETTINGS in your account.
This solve the incoming calls issues.

Thank you
terfed
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT802
Firmware Version: 1.0.31.1
ISP Name: cable
Computer OS: W10
Router: CGNM-3550 hitron

Post by terfed »

tried this follow fix.. no go... by disabling follow me..

tried reboot of network....... no go

terfed
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

terfed wrote:tried this follow fix.. no go... by disabling follow me..

tried reboot of network....... no go

terfed
Hello there,

Please send me PM with the phone number associated to your account and I will have a look.
Also, if there is a support ticket #, please include that as well.

Thanks,