Authentication Password Troubles as Well....

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
sins
Just Passing Thru

Authentication Password Troubles as Well....

Post by sins »

Hello There,

I am a new user to Fongo and I received my HT701 last night. Upon plugging it in I was successful with outgoing calls but was unable to receive incoming calls. I checked on the Fongo FAQ page and found the pdf to check settings on the HT-701. I verified all of my settings were correct as per the “red boxes” within the pdf, however, I entered the last 4 digits of my phone number (“1697”) under Authentication Password. Although it was highlighted in red within the pdf, I don’t think this was required. Now I am unable to send or receive calls, I get a voice telling me the password is incorrect.

Is there anyone that can help me with this. As it stands, I am without a home phone. No response from Support at all...

Any information would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Adam.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Authentication Password Troubles as Well....

Post by Jake »

You need to get your password from Fongo. PM Fongo Support on the forum for help.
sins
Just Passing Thru

Post by sins »

I'm in contact with FONGO_Steve who has directed me to SIP password recovery via freephoneline.ca but my FONGO "home phone" login credentials do not work on that site... Hopefully we can resolve this before my wife finds out there's no home phone...lol.
sins
Just Passing Thru

Post by sins »

Password has been recovered!

Now if only incoming calls were working... :|
sins
Just Passing Thru

Post by sins »

Up and running now without issue!

I must say that support was very helpful via PM on the forum and over the phone.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

sins wrote:Up and running now without issue!

I must say that support was very helpful via PM on the forum and over the phone.
Can you let the forum know if support got you to do anything, or if you have any idea what they did to get your line working properly. There are quite a few that still complain about incoming calls so it might help them also.
sins
Just Passing Thru

Post by sins »

I contacted my ISP to ask whether port 5060 was blocked or if there were any firewalls etc... they claim to have changed nothing on their end.

I took out my router and plugged the phone directly into my modem and incoming calls were successful. I then included my router back in the mix (modem>router>ATA) and incoming calls were once again successful. It is only now that I am finding with the router in place, incoming calls are "hit-or-miss". For example, (I left the router in) I am at work today and tried calling the house - first time I called my wife answered. Second time I called, voicemail after 5 rings (I told her not to answer). Now an hour later when I call I receive 10 seconds of silence and then a fast busy signal (aka disconnect beep). No rings. I'm hoping this is my router acting up (or with odd settings etc...).

I plan on going through the weekend with no router in place to see whether the "hit-or-miss" incoming call issues are rectified.

Adam.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Thanks for letting us know. It certainly sounds like a router problem. It looks like it is forgetting where the ATA is.

If you post the name of your router, someone might be able to give you some advise about it.