Porting and SIP credentials

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
ShaTR
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA122
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: WRT310n v2 Tomato fw

Porting and SIP credentials

Post by ShaTR »

Hi,

I just paid for porting last week, and was wondering if any of my SIP credentials will change. Considering the User ID is my old phone number, am i correct in assuming i should change it to my ported number after port has been completed?

Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Porting and SIP credentials

Post by Jake »

ShaTR wrote:Hi,

I just paid for porting last week, and was wondering if any of my SIP credentials will change. Considering the User ID is my old phone number, am i correct in assuming i should change it to my ported number after port has been completed?

Thanks
Yes, you have it exactly right. Your username will change, but the password will stay the same.
ShaTR
Just Passing Thru

Post by ShaTR »

Also, does follow me not work after purchasing SIP credentials? Won't let me log in via android app, nor will it let me enable forwarding via web login. Sorry, i know i'm being a bother, but i really wanted the follow me service :(
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I believe something changed during the maintenance run by Fongo and went twang. A few people reported that the follow me stuff is not working. I tested it on my accounts and I couldn't enable it either, so we will have to wait for Fongo to fix it.

Normally yes, it should work, it's just a bit broke right now.
ShaTR
Just Passing Thru

Post by ShaTR »

Jake wrote:I believe something changed during the maintenance run by Fongo and went twang. A few people reported that the follow me stuff is not working. I tested it on my accounts and I couldn't enable it either, so we will have to wait for Fongo to fix it.

Normally yes, it should work, it's just a bit broke right now.
Thank you kindly Sir :)