Calling issue

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
realinvestor
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Cable
Computer OS: Windows XP
Router: Asus 240 Mimo

Calling issue

Post by realinvestor »

I am unable to call but can receive.

There is a dial tone and can access voicemail.
When I call there is no sound. However, the receiver knows that I tried calling.

I tried rebooting did not work
WaZz
Just Passing Thru

Re: Calling issue

Post by WaZz »

I have the same issue. I live in Verdun. Please fix this ASAP
g3lo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Vista Windows
Router: Linksys

Post by g3lo »

SAME PROBLEM WHATS GOING ON?

I dont hear dial tones, stopped working the whole day randomly.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

All three of you, almost certainly, have user configuration problems. You may get temporary relief by running "NAT mapping enable" and "NAT keep alive". Power down both your router and ATA, wait 5 minutes and then first reboot your router and then the ATA. If that does not cure the problem, then try running STUN (enable STUN and a STUN server eg. stun.callwithus.com) and do the power down and power up again. Eventually you will need to carefully (read the manuals) reconfigure both your router and ATA. You may also need to confgure your modem depending on the model and the provider.
WaZz
Just Passing Thru

Post by WaZz »

The problem I have is when I dial a phone number, I don't hear anything. But the guy on the other end can hear me. I haven't touch anything on my end, that's why I'm confused. Why everything was working fine before, and now I need to re-configure ?
g3lo
Just Passing Thru

Post by g3lo »

I get the same thing. I call the other person receives it but no dial tones. I was with Fongo for over 2 years. However, ever since the Feb 12 2013 outage it has stopped working. Please fix this ASAP! This is getting annoying.
epsilon3
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Android, Playbook, Talkswitch

Post by epsilon3 »

It happened to me yesterday as well! I have a Talkswitch PBX. The router is Tenda N60

What I did to solve the problem: I had to reprogram the router and re-open/re-map the ports 5060-6061 (UDP) and 10000 -20000 (UDP) and to re-enable the UPnP. ALL WORINGK AGAIN NOW.

Also see http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 226#p44226
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Post by dibsmft »

It is perfectly possible to set and ATA up so that it works OK, sometimes for even months, and then suddenly something not very obvious changes and the ATA will malfunction. This is usually because the original configuration of the router/ATA what not completely correct and therefore not robust. Some versions of the PAP2 did seem to require a full reset now and again. I am not sure why this was as I have never owned one.
g3lo
Just Passing Thru

Post by g3lo »

No clue what is going on. I dont know how to reset it up any other wya I have a PAP2
realinvestor
Just Passing Thru

Post by realinvestor »

I already have my port forwarded as suggested. Seems this is not a solution atleast for me. I tried deleting and reconfigured the server. Still the same problem.
1) I have been using the phone for a while now
2) The user configuration all seemed to be working fine until couple of days back.
3) If the problem has to do with configuration why was this not a problem until now.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: GRANSTREAM
Firmware Version: - 1.0.0.18
ISP Name: Cogeco

Post by FongoUser »

Hi,
I have the same problem since Feb 12 6pm.

In coming calls - no problem
Outgoing calls - The person at the other end can hear me, I can't hear them

Std Disclaimer: Everything was working fine for 5 months and nothing in my home network has changed.

Note: Clearly multiple people are having the same problem so please don't start with something was configured right .... and for some reason it's my fault.

I have a GRANSTREAM: HT701 device which I received from FONGO which I have not tampered with.
realinvestor
Just Passing Thru

Post by realinvestor »

FongoUser that is approximately when I started getting the problem as well

For my own satisfaction I reset the pap2 box and reentered everything manually. The problem persists.

It cannot be to do with the setting. Unless something changed when the upgrade took place at Fongo which may require us to reconfigure again.
triron
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys
ISP Name: efirehose
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Sonicwall

Post by triron »

I started to notice this same problem yesterday Feb 12,2013 incoming calls to my fongo phone work fine, it is just outgoing calls from my fongo phone they can hear me but I can't hear them. I am also experiencing the exact same problem on my smartphone using acrobits softphone sip software with either wifi or 3g data using my fongo sip configuration. Everything has been working fine for months since I first got the sip configuration file from fongo until yesterday. This problem is from the updates fongo did on Feb.11 - 12th. I am using a linksys ata for my fongo phone and an iPhone for acrobits softphone. Fongo please look into this as a lot of people are having this issue.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru

Post by FongoUser »

Hi,
JUST FYI, I forwarded the following ports on my router to my GRANDSTREAM device (provided by Fongo for fongo homephone) and this DID NOT solve the problem for me.
UDP ports 5060-6001
UDP ports 10000-20000

Putting the device in the router's DMZ DOES SEEM TO HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE.
Either I didn't setup the portforwarding properly or there are other ports that need to be forwarded?????

Regardless, I can't believe this requirement isn't advertised more predominantly on the support site.

I had another issue for the last couple weeks where the device became disconnected from their server couple of times a day and no one would be able to call into my number until I reset the device.
these are the instructions I got from Fongo support:

1. Pick up the phone plugged into the Fongo phone adapter
2. Dial ***, #, 02, and write down the IP Address it reads (usually 192.168.xxx.xxx)
3. Hang up the phone
4. Open a web browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), type the IP Address in the address bar at the top of your screen and press Enter
5. In the Password field, type: admin
6. Click the Login button
7. Click the FXS Port link on the right side of the menu bar
8. Find the "NAT Traversal(STUN)"and change the setting from "No" to "No, but send keep alive"
9. Click on update
10. Adapter will now reboot
microtrash
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287 Rev4.1
Firmware Version: Program-1.1.0.42
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: OS X 10.8.4
Router: Cisco EA4500

Post by microtrash »

Putting the device in the router's DMZ DOES SEEM TO HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE.
It worked for me too. But this does not explain why myself and 3 of my friends using freephoneline got the same problem at the same time. Why it suddenly stopped working for many people ?

Also, by setting the ATA as a DMZ prevent to set my computer as a DMZ since I can only set one DMZ device. So it's not a long term solution... any idea ?
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Post by lustucru »

Here is the complete list of UDP ports to forward for the Grandstream: 5060, 5061, 6060, 6061, 13000, 13001.

Hope this will help.
realinvestor
Just Passing Thru

Post by realinvestor »

I have all the ports forwarded a while back. Still no resolution.

When I opened up the discussion on this issue I also sent an e-mail to customer support and this is the reply back I got back to them. I have already replied and explained this is a broader issue

"Hello there,

Thank you for your email. We are unable to provide troubleshooting for third party ATA devices used with the VoIP unlock Key/SIP Configuration file purchased from Freephoneline. As a VoIP Key purchaser, it’s expected that you have knowledge of your network and how to configure your SIP client properly.

Please check the community forum for third party devices discussion: http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15 or for recommended configurations: http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7962 .

Talk freely,

Team Fongo Support
sahar_ca
Just Passing Thru

Post by sahar_ca »

I am having issues with my incoming calls for last 30 days Outgoing calls are ok can some one help me I have SIPURA SPA 2000 ATA
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*

Post by dibsmft »

Those of you with PAP2, the results that you are seeing are, in my experience, normal for the PAP2 and at least some other Linksys Sipura ATAs. They are not easy to configure and the operation can be made worse by a router that is not Voip friendly and there are plenty of them. All this is out of the power of Fongo to help very much without considerable expense. There are lots of people on this board who can help but only it you give enough information and, above all, give information about your modem/router/ATA and also the configuration of the ATA (list the settings) and the router (what configuration have you done exactly?). The Grandstream are easier to configure but do give information (list or even a screen shot) if you hope to get useful help.
FongoUser
Just Passing Thru

Post by FongoUser »

If you are having problems with incoming calls and you are using the Fongo Home Phone adapter (Granstream device) do the following

1. Pick up the phone plugged into the Fongo phone adapter
2. Dial ***, #, 02, and write down the IP Address it reads (usually 192.168.xxx.xxx)
3. Hang up the phone
4. Open a web browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), type the IP Address in the address bar at the top of your screen and press Enter
5. In the Password field, type: admin
6. Click the Login button
7. Click the FXS Port link on the right side of the menu bar
8. Find the "NAT Traversal(STUN)"and change the setting from "No" to "No, but send keep alive"
9. Click on update
10. Adapter will now reboot
realinvestor
Just Passing Thru

Post by realinvestor »

My outgoing calls are working now. I did not make any changes to my settings. I am assuming the support fixed it following my link showing that this is not an isolated issue.

I also want to point everyone to this list which shows the up to the minute status

http://status.fongo.com/

Thanks again for everyone's help. If anyone else is experiencing issues let us know.