ATA Username and Password change?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
Ironman1734
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Lynksis pap2t
Firmware Version: 0.3.5
ISP Name: Cable - Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink dir-655

ATA Username and Password change?

Post by Ironman1734 »

I've got a PAP2-NA that I had received from freephoneline when I set up my service several years ago. I just tried to log into the ATA to check a setting and its asking me for a user name and password? I've never been asked for it before, its always taken me directly into the configuration options.
Its giving me in the following prompt:
A username and password are being requested by http://192.168.0.253. The site says: "pap user"
I use that username, with no password, that username with admin as the password, that user name for both username and password and nothing works?
Was there a remote update to the ATA's by fongo that changed the security settings??

thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Re: ATA Username and Password change?

Post by Jake »

Did you by any chance have your ATA in DMZ? If so, someone (anyone) could have gone in and changed it for you.

I believe the default is admin (or Admin) for the username, and a blank password. If that doesn't work, you will most likely have to do a full reset, which might be for the best if someone remotely has gone in.