My Fongo Adapter Melted!

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
LugTreadLager
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream Modem
Firmware Version: Don't Know
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: CiscoDPC3825

My Fongo Adapter Melted!

Post by LugTreadLager »

My adapter overheated, melted and stopped working. What do I do now?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: My Fongo Adapter Melted!

Post by Fongo Support »

LugTreadLager wrote:My adapter overheated, melted and stopped working. What do I do now?
Hi there,

If this is an adapter that you have purchased through FPL/Fongo, you need to open a ticket for this issue.
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7624

If this adapter is not purchased from FPL/Fongo, you might need to contact the Manufacturer and see if you can get it replaced.

Thanks,
LugTreadLager
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream Modem
Firmware Version: Don't Know
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: CiscoDPC3825

Post by LugTreadLager »

I opened a ticket 5 days ago (FONGO adapter purchased from you) and have heard nothing back! I have no home phone and no-one at FONGO seems to care? Why do I pay for support when it is non-existant? This business model will not last long.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

LugTreadLager wrote:I opened a ticket 5 days ago (FONGO adapter purchased from you) and have heard nothing back! I have no home phone and no-one at FONGO seems to care? Why do I pay for support when it is non-existant? This business model will not last long.
Hi there,

I am really sorry for all the inconvenience- I have contacted you on the ticket.

Thanks,
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

LugTreadLager wrote:My adapter overheated, melted and stopped working. What do I do now?
I had 3 (1 new and the others warranty replacements) Grandstream ATAs (486?) over heat and one even melted before I gave up on them. On the other hand
I have a 286 that is years old and has always worked perfectly and I guess it is the 286 that you have.