Can't make outgoing Calls

Have a question or problem with your Fongo Home Phone service? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Visit The Fongo Home Phone Support Knowledge-base for more.
User1
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Dlink

Can't make outgoing Calls

Post by User1 »

I recently purchased the voip service but I can't seem to make any outgoing calls. I can call other fongo users, just not users from other services. After I dial the number, there is no sound.

I have already email fongo support but got no response. I am just wondering if other users have the same problem that I am experiencing or if there is a solution to get the service working properly.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Can't make outgoing Calls

Post by Fongo Support »

User1 wrote:I recently purchased the voip service but I can't seem to make any outgoing calls. I can call other fongo users, just not users from other services. After I dial the number, there is no sound.

I have already email fongo support but got no response. I am just wondering if other users have the same problem that I am experiencing or if there is a solution to get the service working properly.
Hi there,

Is your router a Dlink Dir 601? What happens if you connect the ATA straight to the modem?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
User1
Just Passing Thru

Post by User1 »

Hi

The router is DLink DIR-615 and when I connect the ATA directly to the modem then i can make outgoing calls.

Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

User1 wrote:Hi

The router is DLink DIR-615 and when I connect the ATA directly to the modem then i can make outgoing calls.

Thanks
Hi there,

I think you need to upgrade the firmware on your dlink router. As discussed below:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=7616.0

Please try and let me know.

Thanks,
User1
Just Passing Thru

Post by User1 »

Hi,

That solves the problem! Thank you very much :)