Page 1 of 1

Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/06/2017
by lakerstrong
Hi all, I am currently unable to receive calls. The person dialing my fongo number gets a automated message, "no input so far" eventually it just hangs up.

My fongo does not ring at all, please help thanks

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by Fongo Support
lakerstrong wrote:Hi all, I am currently unable to receive calls. The person dialing my fongo number gets a automated message, "no input so far" eventually it just hangs up.

My fongo does not ring at all, please help thanks

Hi,

Did you setup your receptionist as described below?

https://youtu.be/AxLFH_Cfrm0

Please try and let us know.

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by lakerstrong
hi, the ting is i was setting up the call forwarding however i decided i didnt need it so i changed all the caller options to "empty route" and saved. now i cant get any incoming calls anymore

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by Fongo Support
lakerstrong wrote:hi, the ting is i was setting up the call forwarding however i decided i didnt need it so i changed all the caller options to "empty route" and saved. now i cant get any incoming calls anymore


Hi,

You will need to setup receptionist otherwise it will not work. This is a requirement.

I don't believe you can setup just follow me with no receptionist.

Best regards,

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by lakerstrong
strange because initially without setting up receptionist, i was able to receive calls. ever since i messed with the receptionist feature, incoming calls no longer work

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by FONGO_jeff
lakerstrong wrote:strange because initially without setting up receptionist, i was able to receive calls. ever since i messed with the receptionist feature, incoming calls no longer work


Fongo Works is not intended to be a call forwarding service. Initially when you setup the account and do not configure the receptionist it will forward to the cell phone in which you signed up for (we will look at changing this), but once you set up your receptionist the service works as intended and you must record your receptionist greeting otherwise the caller will be presented with a blank receptionist greeting.

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by lakerstrong
ok well this isnt very user friendly i need to delete this account and sign up for a regular account however my email is now locked to this. i need to use that email for my new account please advise

Re: Can't receive incoming calls

PostPosted: 06/07/2017
by FONGO_jeff
lakerstrong wrote:ok well this isnt very user friendly i need to delete this account and sign up for a regular account however my email is now locked to this. i need to use that email for my new account please advise


You could put in a support ticket to have your account deleted so that you could sign up again. Just an FYI though, account that have not completed the setup of their receptionist will be considered abandoned/incomplete and will be terminated at some point.