TTY/TDD

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
beverly
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: PAP2T/SPA1001
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)/3.1.19(SE)
ISP Name: TekSavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Smartphone Model: HTC Amaze 4G
Android Version: 4.0.3 - Energy Aug 6th

TTY/TDD

Post by beverly »

A TTY/TDD Program to use with FreePhoneLine (without buying the SIP config. file). Built in to the main software? this would be awesome for the deaf or hard of hearing. The ability to login via FPL's software and use the TTY service/function. should be simple programing since it's standard.
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: TTY/TDD

Post by Bloodsong »

My guess we probably won't see 'til the new softphone is release but great idea.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: TTY/TDD

Post by FONGO_kris »

It is a fantastic idea, and would allow for a more diverse customer base. We're actually looking into making the software and website more compatible with screen-readers for the visually impaired, so of course we'll look into your request as well.

What I would suggest is emailing support(at)freephoneline(dot)ca (sorry spammers no luck today ;)) with a request and any other information you may have as examples, companies that specialize in TTY/TDD automation etc...
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2