linux pc client

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Bloodsong
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: linux pc client

Post by Bloodsong »

Of course, being Java based, it'd probably run half-way decent inside of WINE...

Any testers on this?
cpbl
Just Passing Thru
Computer OS: Ubuntu (latest update)

Post by cpbl »

I tried the windows client under wine under Ubuntu 11.04. It installed and ran perfectly to phone a landline and hold the connection... but there was no sound in or out..

Anyone else?

Make sure you don't have linphone or etc running when you run the freephoneline app, as it needs those ports unblocked.
THUFIR
Quiet One
ISP Name: SHAW
Computer OS: LINUX
Router: NO ROUTER

Post by THUFIR »

fpladmin wrote:
wycito wrote:Can u pls guys make a linux client for you service, I mysenf dont run windows in any of my computer
Thanks
yes, Now we are working on Mac version.It will be ready in next months then we'll start with linux.

This is *awesome* news :)

If I might suggest, you could just do a Java version...
THUFIR
Quiet One

Post by THUFIR »

FPL-steve wrote:
john.markh@gmail.com wrote:
mindabsence wrote:Anyone who has SIP settings could essentially use a third-party linux SIP application. I'm sure there has to be some out there? I'm not a linux guy though, so I don't know off-hand
How/where can I get SIP settings?
Our SIP settings for accounts are sold for a one-time charge of $50. This is what we class as the "configuration file" that we sell.
It's basically a one-time fee that allows us to enable your account for SIP usage.

I would definitely be willing to pay that for Linux (and/or Android Archos 101) if there's some level of support to go along with that, or wiki info, etc.

Do you maybe have a test account or something just to test the settings somehow before shelling out the cash? You would probably have more business if there were a test account(s) which, for example, could only call customer service...
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

If you want a free test account, get a Voxalot account. Considering all the VOIP providers out there, there is really no need for Freephoneline to spend it's resources on test accounts and the like. Poor return on investment.

Freephone uses standard SIP, so if the Linux client can do SIP, you have a decent internet connection, and you can make sure the the correct ports are routed from the client to the internet, you got working VOIP.
cpbl
Just Passing Thru

Post by cpbl »

It doesn't (wouldn't) cost freephoneline.ca much to host a wiki on its site for us to coordinate our own help... It is very odd how supportive the firm seems of Linux users, yet how un-coordinated in their support. Let the users do it for you, then!

(I've started another thread with suggestions and setup info for linux clients.)
c
THUFIR
Quiet One

Post by THUFIR »

What's the link?
cpbl
Just Passing Thru

Post by cpbl »

cuecat
One Hit Wonder

Post by cuecat »

The program once used on different OS can also be done by QT development tool. It runs much faster than Java and virtual machine.
When QT5.x is out, it might be possible to run on Android.
I happen to know all the information to make this happen.