Feedback re: Call Forward When Unavailable

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Feedback re: Call Forward When Unavailable

Post by Bing Kol »

I just want to share that the short service interruption yesterday from about 5:15 P.M. local time to around 7:00 P.M. offered me an unexpected use of the "Call forward when unavailable" feature of FPL. Most of us know that this feature did not work in the past, but then I could not care less.

Around the above timeframe, I received a call on my cell phone from a friend who knows my landline but not my cell number. I wondered how he knew my number so I asked what number he dialed, and he said that he dialed my landline. We had a short chat and after that, I got the curiousity to check my FPL lines. As you might have guessed, they do not have dial tones. I checked the Fongo status page at that time and it indicated that everything was working...but I knew better. This morning, the Fongo status page indicated that a service interruption was affecting some subscribers which confirmed that there was an actual interruption in the service at the time I received the forwarded call.

Phone service came back later without any work from me, other than watch the LED lights of my PAP2T's blink while they try to re-register.

Sorry for the winded post because all I wanted to say is that the "Call Forward When Unavailable" feature worked, at least in the specific service interruption yesterday. Yay for Freephoneline! :D