Freephoneline on Explornet

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Freephoneline on Explornet

Postby domptg » 05/12/2014

Is FPL working on Explornet? Anyone has any suggestions how to get it working? What about Linksys PAP2 proper set up?
domptg
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Xplornet
Computer OS: Vista
Router: TP-Link WR841N

Re: Freephoneline on Explornet

Postby bridonca » 05/12/2014

Neither my favourite ISP or ATA.

Try this. Set your ATA to use SIP port 6060 instead of 5060. Try voip4.freephoneline.ca and see what happens. Make sure you have the router/modem map ports 16384 to 16482 from the router to the PAP2 ATA, so that incoming connection know where to go. Power down the modem ATA, and router, and then power them up after 30 seconds. Hopefully you get better results.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Freephoneline on Xplornet

Postby domptg » 05/14/2014

My ATA PAP2T worked well on Rogers for 3 years and now I use same ATA same settings on Xplornet. I connect everything and my ATA registers and I have the dial signal. The only problem is that when I talk to other person on the phone my voice is cutting down so the other person cannot understand what I'm saying. I can hear the other person very well so I thing there is the problem with outgoing connection. Ports 10000-13001 and 5060-6061 open on my TP-Link router. Anybody has the idea what to change to get this working again?
domptg
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Xplornet
Computer OS: Vista
Router: TP-Link WR841N

Return to Suggestions & Feedback