Best ATA adapter with FPL

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
BossHog
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA 1001
Firmware Version: 3.1.19
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Cisco DPC3825

Best ATA adapter with FPL

Post by BossHog »

Have been using Linksys SPA 1001 with FPL for home phone line, having issues with no dial tone sometimes, no incoming calls, have done call forwarding, forwarded number gets the call about 70% of all calls. Checked settings, port forwarding done on router. So wondering if I have to use a differnt ATA, so any suggestions for a adapter that works well with FPL?
46jimbo
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Re: Best ATA adapter with FPL

Post by 46jimbo »

The Grandstream HT701 is a solid device. I believe it's the one Fongo provides with the Fongo Home Phone.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Grandstream-Anal ... 338dbb28f8
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Post by Bing Kol »

I have Linksys PAP2T-NA (3 of them). In its price range few if any other ATA beats the features that I need, but to each his own. Caveat: A single PAP2T-NA is stressed when both lines are used simultaneously with G.711u codec, thus I use one PAP2T-NA for each number.

-It allows me to define a specific SIP port with corresponding RTP port range for each of my FPL numbers. I port-forwarded the respective ports, hence my router knows exactly to which ATA it sends SIP and RTP packets. Translation: no one-way voice, no lost call and no problem! :lol: Unless of course when FPL screws up, which can be said whatever provider or ATA is used.

-It allows me to forward ALL undesired callers (including telepests and politicians) to voicemail. If a message is left, then I can open it on my cellphone at my discretion.

-I can limit a range of telephone numbers that can be dialed and define 3-digit codes for family members via the dialplan.

-Private/unknown callers are immediately forwarded to voicemail.

-It supports fax sending using Microsoft fax (though I have not used this lately). I receive fax via emailed PDF through a non-ATA FPL number.
BossHog
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA 1001
Firmware Version: 3.1.19
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Cisco DPC3825

Post by BossHog »

Thanks for your responses, will check out Grandstream and post the results. Welcome, if anyone has any other suggestions.